The Pope visits the USA!

General discussion of subjects beyond the scope of the other forums.

The Pope visits the USA!

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Tue Apr 15, '08, 6:31 pm

Pope Benedict XVI is coming to America today for a six day visit to the US. He will visit in Washington, D.C., and in New York!

I'm not even Catholic, but I find this exciting! Anyone else?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24123580
Good Friday ~ March 29, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Wed Apr 16, '08, 7:37 pm

Today The Pope was welcomed at The White House with an impressive ceremony where he gave a speech, and Pres. Bush gave a short speech also. The Pope was greeted with many cheers and the visiting crowd sung "Happy Birthday To You " to The Holy Father, as today is his birthday! Later, The Pope rode through the streets of Washington, D.C., in his PopeMobil! Fascinating means of transportation.

Happy Birthday wishes to Pope Benedict XVI! :cake:

Silver_Surfer1

Postby Thoul » Wed Apr 16, '08, 7:59 pm

Well, I hope he has a good birthday.

Visits by the Pope don't mean much to me. I'm not Catholic, so I don't look up to him as a religious leader or anything like that. To me, he's just a visiting foreign head of state.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Celeith » Wed Apr 23, '08, 10:56 pm

Thoul wrote:Well, I hope he has a good birthday.

Visits by the Pope don't mean much to me. I'm not Catholic, so I don't look up to him as a religious leader or anything like that. To me, he's just a visiting foreign head of state.

Yea basically what Thoul said is my view on it as well. But I want the bubble car! Riding around in that thing must be hillarious.
Cele~Chan Streaming
Saturday at 8pm cst and Sunday at 6pm cst.
The Subscribe button is just a click away.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Wed Apr 23, '08, 11:32 pm

Kaloes wrote: But I want the bubble car! Riding around in that thing must be hillarious.

Yeah, I'd love to have that car too. I think it's neat. It is called the "popemobile", kinda like "batmobile" ya know, lol.

Every time I see it I expect to almost hear a "zap", "pow", or something like that from the old Batman tv series. :wink:

It was fascinating seeing the popemobile circle Yankee Stadium and all the crowd of cheering people there.

I can't help it, but I was fascinated with The Pope's visit to America. I watched every moment of it I could and taped a great deal of it. I don't know, maybe it was because I watched as this guy became Pope after the previous Pope's death or something. He's originally from Germany, I think. He seems to be a very interesting person from listening to his speeches, etc.

I haven't heard a peep about him since he left the US on Sunday, though, and went back home to Italy.

Silver_Surfer1

Return to Casual Conversation