The Dark Force Similarities

Discuss the saga of Algo, where the legend began.

The Dark Force Similarities

Postby Celeith » Sat Sep 6, '08, 8:10 pm

Ok after roaming through some video's on youtube due to sheer boredom while I'm at work I decided to look at some boss battle clips from the games. I noticed that Dark Force 2 in PSIV has a huge similarity to Dark Force in PS2, minus the side alien heads that it has in PS2. I know all the Dark Forces have a similarity to them but I noticed that these two seem to be the closest. What if somehow Dark Force managed to survive the battle against Rolf and co and fell towards Dezo after the Noah crashed or exploded or however you imagin PS2 to end, hiding deep within the ground for ages until it finally recovered, thus emerging and creating its outer body as the Garuberk Tower.
Cele~Chan Streaming
Saturday at 8pm cst and Sunday at 6pm cst.
The Subscribe button is just a click away.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

Postby Shinuzzo » Sun Sep 7, '08, 2:46 am

Not quite a similarity, but Olga Flow always kind of reminded me Dark Force's 3rd Form in Phantasy Star IV.
Shinuzzo
Guardian
Guardian

Achievements: 25

Postby Lucas » Mon Sep 8, '08, 8:55 am

This isnt a similarity but Night Terror from Soulcalibur 3 makes me think of Dark Force everytime I see him or it

"It's always fun to kill a god." ~ Akuma (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
Lucas
Protector
Protector

Achievements: 175

Postby Thoul » Mon Sep 8, '08, 8:23 pm

I always thought the DF in PS2 and PS3 were the most similar, thanks to the extra faces and box thing. Aside from that, though, I suppose they really are quite different.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Celeith » Tue Sep 9, '08, 5:58 pm

I guess so, basically all the Dark Forces share a similar design, so what if.. Just hear me out on this. What if they're not created by the Profound Darkness individually. But what if they are all spawned off of the original Dark Force from the first one that Alis defeated. After Alis defeats Dark Falz or so they believe, Dark Falz actually goes into hiding to where it a spawn and eventually dies. A thousand years later the spawn of Dark Falz made its way across the universe, knowing it couldn't defeat Algo by itself it found a new planet. Earth and corrupted it. Then using the knowledge of its trip and the corruption of the Earthmen it makes its way back to Algo.

Hiding inside Pandora's Box as one would call it. When Rolf and Co open Pandora's Box this is time for the Spawn of Dark Falz to take its revenge. Upon defeat it retreats once again, like Falz before him. This time making its way towards the Alisa III, one of the worldships that hadn't left Algo yet. The wounded Dark Force corrupts the people on the Alisa III, all except two, Orakio and Laya. These two join forces and seal away Dark Force, hoping it will never again make its way through the universe again. As the events play out, and if you go with the canon ending as they call it Sean defeats Dark Force once and for all, or so he thinks.

Once again Dark Force releases another Spawn, unknowing to Sean and his group the spawn makes its way back to Algo. The spawn attaches itself to a destroyed worldship and eventually crashes down onto Motavia. Zio at the time is a traveller and is camping outside of Nalya. Unknowing to him he inspects the ship and is eventually devoured by the Dark Force Spawn. Using his new powers Zio, or rather Dark Force spawns two more creatures. One is sent to Kuran, while the other is sent to Dezolis. As we know the events play out and Zio is eventually defeated, but unknowing to Chaz and his team the Dark Force spawn that had taken over Zio had escaped before his defeat.

Escaping while Nurvus explodes the Dark Force spawn remembers how Zio looks, and re-creates Zio. But using a bit of smarts and wanting Chaz and his group dead the Dark Force spawn ages himself, and turns himself into a older version of Zio. Which he calls himself Seth. This time however the two other spawns are extremely weak and are defeated by Chaz, thus eliminating them before they can spawn. Chaz and his group encounter the Dark Force Spawn, Seth on Soldiers Island. There eventually they realise Seth is Dark Force and fight and defeat the Spawn once and for all. Finally, with the final Dark Force spawn gone the power of the Dark Wave explodes from the corpse after Chaz returns to Dezolis, and awakens the Profound Darkness deep within the Void.

What ya think?? ^_^
Cele~Chan Streaming
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Postby Thoul » Wed Sep 10, '08, 3:27 am

That's a good theory. There's one hole in it - Le Roof says that a new Dark Force appears from the PD's prison every thousand years. Still, if you ignore that it would make a good basis for a DF-centric fan fic.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Celeith » Fri Sep 12, '08, 3:17 pm

If a new Dark Force appears from the Profound Darkness every 1000 years it seems strange as to how there are basically four versions *if you count the nightmare hovering above Zio* in the Algo system at one time.
Cele~Chan Streaming
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Postby Thoul » Fri Sep 12, '08, 6:24 pm

Yeah. The most popular theory on that is that the seal was weakened by what happened with Palma in PSII, allowing more to get through. But that's just a theory. Your idea could work for that too.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Chris8282 » Sun Sep 14, '08, 9:22 pm

You did this.. at work?

You have no idea how much I envy you :D

Also, good theories everybody! Kaloes had me going on that theory until Thoul drop that bomb.
Chris8282
Explorer
Explorer

Achievements: 6

Return to Classic Series