Christmas programs

There's lots to talk about on the smaller screen.

Christmas programs

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Mon Dec 2, '19, 11:43 pm

It is that time of year again when the seasonal christmas programs can be seen on tv.

Frosty the Snowman was on this past Friday night.

Tonight, Monday, Dec. 02, watch for "Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer" airing at 8 pm. on some CBS stations, I think it is. check your local listings and channels for correct times and airings, etc.
Palm Sunday ~ March 24, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Re: Christmas programs

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Wed Dec 4, '19, 12:44 am

Did anyone else watch "Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer" last night? I watched and enjoyed it as usual. It is a Christmas tradition of many years.

I just happened to see an article online today about the program and possible "bullying" of Rudolph in the show that had upset some parents and others.

Well, I suppose they do have a point there as it does seem that Rudolph was being bullied by some of the other characters in the show. This show was made years ago before bullying even became a national crisis though. I suppose bullying has just always been, but it is only being spoken up about now and hitting a nerve with many people.

I think the message in all of this is that Rudolph was able to overcome any possible differences he might have (red nose) and make it be a positive influence for him instead of a negative influence, etc. Of course, Rudolph grew up from a child to an adult in the movie which also helped him understand and deal with things better, I think.

Anyone else have any opinions on this?
Palm Sunday ~ March 24, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Return to Tubular Television