The Mythical Multi-Console Videogame System (that isnt a PC)

Remembering the games of yesteryear.

The Mythical Multi-Console Videogame System (that isnt a PC)

Postby Zio_Falz » Mon Feb 2, '15, 2:55 am

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hyperkin-RetroN ... 1c4a5fc216

The Mythical Multi-Console Videogame System (that is not a PC)
Are any of you aware such a thing having existed? I certainly was not until now.
The closest I can come to the realizing anything like this was something titled the "Super 8) converter which allowed your SNES Super Family Computer games.

Anyway, I wonder how accurately this Hyperkin Retron 5 functions…

I have been slowly selling off my videogame systems, but have been reluctant to sell only a handful of series or titles for each system. So this would answer that remaining sentimentality that I havent killed off yet.
Zio_Falz
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 58

Re: The Mythical Multi-Console Videogame System (that isnt a

Postby Wolf Bird » Mon Feb 2, '15, 6:00 pm

We have one of these. I like the idea behind it, and we haven't had any major issues with ours. I did have one save file erased, but I wasn't too upset about it, as I've beaten the game that happened on many tines, and it may be a battery issue anyway. They have been sorting out some of the launch problems and improving the system.

Here's a thread on it.

retron-5-vt9646.html

One of the charms of the system is the use of the actual cartridges, which you can't do on a PC.
Last edited by Wolf Bird on Mon Feb 2, '15, 6:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Return to Retro Roundup