The new Knight Rider

There's lots to talk about on the smaller screen.

The new Knight Rider

Postby Neithird » Sat Nov 3, '07, 4:57 am

The lead role in the upcoming new Knight Rider TV movie has been cast. It's a guy from the soap "All My Children" named Justin Bruening. I've never heard of him before. Have any of you? I hope he's some good.

Apparently his character is the son of the main guy in the original show. This looks like an actual continuation of the original rather than a remake. I'm glad for that.

Here's an article if want to read more, but beware of spoilers: the article.
:clyde: · · · :pacman: · · · · · · ● · · · · :inky: · · ·
"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." ~ Optimus Prime
Neithird
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 21

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Sat Nov 3, '07, 7:03 pm

Thanks for the article. I have heard of Justin from watching him on All My Children. I am sort of surprised that he was chosen for something as huge as a Knight Rider remake, but que cera cera. It will be interesting to see how it goes.

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Thu Dec 13, '07, 7:24 am

More Knight Rider news:

http://www.tvweek.com/blogs/james-hibbe ... t_arne.php

This looks very interesting. What does everyone think?

Silver_Surfer1

Postby SparkyIII » Thu Dec 13, '07, 7:51 am

I don't exactly get it, its a new movie with more Transforming cars? By the way it was worded it almost seemed like the cars actually do transform. XD
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Postby Thoul » Thu Dec 13, '07, 10:16 am

It sounds like the car will transform into other cars and back again. It sounds strange, but if they have good CGI it might work pretty well. The fold out panels on the old car weren't much more odd.

I'm not so thrilled to hear that the male lead will be a disgruntled Iraqi war veteran. I hope this show doesn't turn into another anti-war platform.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Wed Oct 22, '08, 10:37 pm

Whoa, I didn't realize this thread was so far back in the posts. I thought we had discussed it fairly recently, but I guess not. Oh well ....! :D

Has anyone been watching the new "Knight Rider" series on TV? I've seen it a few weeks and so far, I think it stinks! If I wanted to watch a lot of undressed people, I'm sure there are other things I could be watching instead, but I don't want to see that type of thing, so I'm not very happy with the way this show is going, and I had such high hopes for it too, especially since I really LOVED the old "Knight Rider" with David Hasselhoff. I know this type of thing is in a lot of tv shows these days and times, and I try to overlook it to a certain extent, but sometimes that gets to be impossible when it's in so many scenes of a show.

Anyway, I just saw on the TV Guide Channel online where Knight Rider has been given the okay for a full season of shows, I think it was, so I guess they think it is doing well, or hope it will do better ahead.

Anyone else watching this show so far?????

Silver_Surfer1

Postby Thoul » Wed Oct 22, '08, 11:45 pm

I watched a couple of episodes. It was pretty boring. They've been trying to use the "show as much skin as we legally can" approach too much. The car barely gets any screen time at all. They've used turbo boost maybe twice so far? Overall, it's just not what the pilot suggested the show would be. I didn't watch it last week and probably won't this week either.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Thoul » Fri Dec 5, '08, 11:06 pm

Well, I stopped watching the show entirely because it didn't get any better. I read on the TV Guide website that it is on break until January. When the second half of the season starts, the show is supposed to be reworked to be more like the original. Several cast members are being let go and the focus is going to change from "terrorist of the week" to "wandering hero." I think I'll give it a second chance when it comes back.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Sat Dec 6, '08, 3:38 am

I'm glad to hear they are reworking the program. I did not like it at all. I think my main problem is that I miss David Hasselhoff, though. :p

Silver_Surfer1

Return to Tubular Television