The last game/game-related thing you bought

Discussing all the gaming matters not covered in the other forums.

Re: The last game/game-related thing you bought

Postby Aeroprism » Sun Nov 23, '14, 1:37 am

Early christmas present from me, to me.

PS3 Slim 250GB + 2 controllers + GTA V (which I will promptly swap for a better game at a pawn shop) + The Last of Us (which I will play, play, PLAY!)

200$. Ka-ching!

Thank you PS4 release!
Aeroprism
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 95

Postby Wolf Bird » Sun Nov 23, '14, 3:05 am

Beautifully done, Aero! Especially TLoU. Play play that game until your fingers fall off! Find me on PSN if you like. :)

Last game thing I got...well, last time we were at our shop in Winthrop, I got a pile of PS3 games as he was doing a sale and I had a ton of store credit. Got Fallout: New Vegas, Just Cause 2, God of War III, Far Cry 3, Crysis 2 and Dead Rising (which I tried and, admittedly, did not get into). Also got the original Crash Bandicoot and a Borderlands 2 wallet, as well as special editions of BL2 and Bioshock Infinite with extra goodies.
Last edited by Wolf Bird on Sun Nov 23, '14, 3:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Bragatyr » Sun Nov 23, '14, 4:32 am

I got FF IX, FF X, and Legacy of the Wizard with an Amazon card I got as a birthday present. Legacy of the Wizard even had the manual, and cart and manual were both in pristine condition.
Bragatyr
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 65

Postby Hukos » Sun Nov 23, '14, 7:58 am

I really, really love FFIX, so I hope you enjoy it. I think its a classic in every way (except for maybe the ATB but that's it).
I feel the way you would
Hukos
Android
Android

Achievements: 41

Postby Bragatyr » Sun Nov 23, '14, 10:48 pm

I'm glad to hear that, I've heard good things about the game, and I really like that it hearkens back to the origins of the series. The music is always something I look forward to in Final Fantasy, too. I plan to cover something from just about every good soundtrack in video games, ha ha.
Bragatyr
Sage
Sage

Postby Zio_Falz » Tue Nov 25, '14, 10:21 pm

Zelda 3DSXL system: A Link Between Worlds limited gold edition+ game.
Probably the best purchase made in the past year; and I dig the big screen.
Practically got it for free, as I then sold my Zelda black+gold edition 3DS on ebay.
And made an investment of 3 more sealed, gold Zelda 3DSXL systems which will just accrue in value as time passes.
But seriously, the game is great, and 3DSXL>3DS any day of the week.
Zio_Falz
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 58

Postby Wolf Bird » Sat Jan 24, '15, 11:12 pm

Finally got a copy of The Last of Us Remastered. Since we've had the PS3 version I decided to sit on getting it for a while when it came out last summer. Well, found a copy at our local game store today. Between it being a reasonable price, me having gift cards, how much I absolutely love this game and liking to support a locally owned business, that was an easy decision. It's also the first next-gen console game I've actually spent money on.

Funnily enough, I just replayed the PS3 version last week on survivor difficulty. As Remastered has all the DLC bundled in, I may give Grounded mode (which is a $5 download for PS3) a try. Though I bet I'll have to unlock it.

Oh darn, that means replaying it.
Last edited by Wolf Bird on Sat Jan 24, '15, 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Tanith » Sun Jan 25, '15, 8:14 am

Half Price Books had some good and somewhat rare titles the last time I was in the store: Shenmue for the Dreamcast, Luigi's Mansion and Super Mario Sunshine for the GameCube, and Harvest Moon: More Friends of Mineral Town for the GBA. I got the Harvest Moon game. I don't have a Dreamcast or GameCube, but if YOU do and you live in SF Bay area, I know where you can get some great games!
Tanith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 204

Postby Bragatyr » Sun Jan 25, '15, 6:28 pm

I actually had something awesome happen to me. I told a good friend of mine a while back that if he ever saw any Sega Saturn games he should let me know about them, because I'm interested in the system. His girlfriend happened to find an entire box full of Saturn games in her attic, and didn't want them, so he gave them to me. He didn't want anything for it at all, but I paid him and got the games for a great price. I got Nights, Panzer Dragoon, Clockwork Knight 2, Mr. Bones, Myst, Virtua Fighter Remix, Warcraft II, and Sonic 3D Blast. All complete in box, with those great, over-sized Saturn cases.

So yeah, I've finally had a chance to start playing Myst. I remember augmentedfourth really liked that one. It's pretty cool so far, I really like point-and-click adventures.
Bragatyr
Sage
Sage

Postby augmentedfourth » Sun Jan 25, '15, 8:37 pm

Bragatyr wrote:I actually had something awesome happen to me. I told a good friend of mine a while back that if he ever saw any Sega Saturn games he should let me know about them, because I'm interested in the system. His girlfriend happened to find an entire box full of Saturn games in her attic, and didn't want them, so he gave them to me. He didn't want anything for it at all, but I paid him and got the games for a great price. I got Nights, Panzer Dragoon, Clockwork Knight 2, Mr. Bones, Myst, Virtua Fighter Remix, Warcraft II, and Sonic 3D Blast. All complete in box, with those great, over-sized Saturn cases.

So yeah, I've finally had a chance to start playing Myst. I remember augmentedfourth really liked that one. It's pretty cool so far, I really like point-and-click adventures.

Haha, funny you should mention that. I just grabbed Myst IV off eBay, as that's the one that hasn't made it over to gog.com and I've seen it go for ridiculous prices before. I started it last night, and while it does show its age (it came out in 2004), it feels like the other games in the series visually and musically, so the nostalgia factor is strong.

(For various reasons, I never got around to playing the last two games of the series, despite being a big fan of the games and the accompanying books when I was younger. I figured I might as well try to knock them out now!)
augmentedfourth
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Achievements: 256

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming