Easiest Game Ever

Discussing all the gaming matters not covered in the other forums.

Easiest Game Ever

Postby Thoul » Fri Feb 13, '09, 4:36 am

In your opinion, what is the easiest video game you've ever completed from start to finish? How long did it take you to run through it the first time?

For me, it's the first Contra. I was able to get through it in half an hour the first time I played.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Lucas » Fri Feb 13, '09, 4:44 am

I don't really know there are quite a few easy games I have played. Probably Donkey Kong once you can time the barrel jumps your laughing then.

"It's always fun to kill a god." ~ Akuma (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
Lucas
Protector
Protector

Achievements: 175

Re: Easiest Game Ever

Postby LordShibas » Fri Feb 13, '09, 5:02 am

Thoul wrote:In your opinion, what is the easiest video game you've ever completed from start to finish? How long did it take you to run through it the first time?

For me, it's the first Contra. I was able to get through it in half an hour the first time I played.

Try playing it without the 30 lives code.
LordShibas
Cyborg
Cyborg

Achievements: 9

Postby Wolf Bird » Fri Feb 13, '09, 5:24 am

Hmmm...there are a lot I found easy. Like...really, I didn't find Okami all THAT challenging, but the first time I played it I logged over 70 hours because of how much I enjoy running around freely in that game's beautiful environments. I don't know.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Re: Easiest Game Ever

Postby pitohui » Fri Feb 13, '09, 7:51 am

I'm torn between Final Fantasy Mystic Quest (low difficulty) and Albert Odyssey (depressingly short). I finished them both in a weekend apiece with the same "that's it?!" look on my face.

Thoul wrote:For me, it's the first Contra. I was able to get through it in half an hour the first time I played.

You are insane.
pitohui
Shopkeeper
Shopkeeper

Achievements: 14

Postby Lemina » Fri Feb 13, '09, 11:11 am

Kirby 64. It was enjoyable, but very easy.

Credits to Altin for the sig. Thank you dude! ^_^
Lemina
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 29

Postby LordShibas » Fri Feb 13, '09, 1:37 pm

Two games that I can think of that I recently played:

Golden Sun (GBA) - Simply spam your Djinni summons every fight and you're pretty much unstoppable. You'll only need to stop for a round or so to heal against the bosses. Doing this also makes the game incredibly boring. I thought Golden Sun was absolute crap.

God of War: Chains of Olympus - Incredibly easy game, but it's still tons of fun.

The hardest game I've ever played is without a doubt Smash TV.
LordShibas
Cyborg
Cyborg

Postby Darkil » Fri Feb 13, '09, 6:08 pm

Well there was this game made by Doritos[I'm not joking] and you either play a dinosaur who has to eat dorito's trucks or play a delivery driver escaping the dino. I finished the whole thing in about 30 min.
Shhh my common sense is tingling
Darkil
Dezorian
Dezorian

Achievements: 54

Postby Thoul » Fri Feb 13, '09, 7:45 pm

LordShibas wrote:Golden Sun (GBA) - Simply spam your Djinni summons every fight and you're pretty much unstoppable. You'll only need to stop for a round or so to heal against the bosses. Doing this also makes the game incredibly boring. I thought Golden Sun was absolute crap.

If that makes the game boring, then just don't do that. The game never forces you to spam the summons, that's just how you chose to play it. There are plenty of other attacks and strategies you can use.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby LordShibas » Fri Feb 13, '09, 10:03 pm

The point is that it's a broken system, and the devs should have seen this before releasing the game. Yeah I'm sure I could have done standard attacks every round, but then the battles would have been much longer than they already were. Golden Sun also has quite possibly the worst story I've ever seen in an RPG and the most mundane dialogue as well.
LordShibas
Cyborg
Cyborg

Next

Return to General Gaming