Garuberk Tower

Hunt the source of evil as the millennium comes to an end.

Garuberk Tower

Postby Thoul » Thu Jan 17, '08, 7:56 am

There are some lines in PSIV that mention Garuberk Tower being seen in many different locations around Dezoris. Since the place looks very organic, do you think it's possible that it was actually able to move around? Dark Force seems attached to it, as if it was an extension of his body.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby newsblade » Thu Jan 17, '08, 2:44 pm

«The Garuberk Tower is supposed to exist somewhere in Dezolis... It is said that it was built overnight.»

hmmmm.... that makes me thing Garuberk is not a tower but:

a) A tree (at least it looks like one from the outside), witch the seed was darkforce himself, planted on Dezo
(just like the tale of the magic beans «It is said that it was "built" overnight.»)

b) An alien life form like a mollusk witch the “tower” we can see from the outside it is own shell. (Even the DF from there seems a crustacean) - so in this case the movement is very possible
newsblade
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 34

Postby Celeith » Thu Jan 17, '08, 5:40 pm

I think so to, basically think of the tower as Lavos from Chrono Trigger. I mean even when they defeat him, they discover that what they defeated was nothing but a outer shell, and they discovered the real thing inside.
Cele~Chan Streaming
Saturday at 8pm cst and Sunday at 6pm cst.
The Subscribe button is just a click away.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

Postby newsblade » Thu Jan 17, '08, 7:09 pm

a) is more chrono crossish (spermatozoid thing)
b) is more triggerish (shell thing)

now you mention it both a) and b) impressions can be in harmony (e.g. "lavos")

So we can say this kind of boss was created in PS4
and 2 (or maybe 1) yr latter square developed this concept in Chrono series.
newsblade
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 34

Postby SparkyIII » Thu Jan 17, '08, 10:43 pm

Situation 1: Its a shell, and can move around with him wherever he wants it.
Situation 2: It is him, which explains why it disappears when he dies.
Situation 3: ITS REALLY BIG and can be seen from the opposite side of the globe.
Situation 4: Chaz: "Alrighty then, so I enter the Garubek tower on Dezolis way over in THIS corner right? SO WHY AM I ON PARMA!!!

XDDDDDDDDDD
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Return to Phantasy Star IV