The Duel Atop the Tower

Hunt the source of evil as the millennium comes to an end.

The Duel Atop the Tower

Postby Celeith » Fri Nov 21, '08, 5:20 pm

Everyone knows that when you get the Elsydeon you can return to Rykross and go to the Tower of Anger to fight Re-Faze. We all know this battle is pointless, no matter how hard we try. But how many of you actually were angry with Re-Faze for making us fight Alys and wanted to show him not to mess with us. How many of you continued to level up and see if you could take down that fireballs sorry butt?

I know I sure did once, I kept levelling on Rykross with just Chaz, killing Wren off everytime he would revive in about a few days Chaz went from Level 51 to 98. Truthfully I didn't know about the level 99 glitch back then so I wasn't afraid to go to the max but anyways I strayed from the topic. At level 98 I took Chaz to Re-Fazes lair and once again defeted our dear beloved Alys. Angry at the fireball I engaged him in a fight which lasted about 2 1/2 hours, attack vs megid, trimate vs megid, dews vs megid, technique and skills vs megid all for naught. Finally after what appeared to be countless hours the exhausted Chaz gives up, being out of items and techniques he admits defeat and gets blown away by another Megid blast.

But besides me how many of you tried to actually kill him out of revenge and most likely a slight possibility you would get Alys back instead of Megid?
Cele~Chan Streaming
Saturday at 8pm cst and Sunday at 6pm cst.
The Subscribe button is just a click away.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

Postby Thoul » Fri Nov 21, '08, 6:28 pm

I never tried it. The first time I played the game, it was a rental, and I barely had time to finish it. I didn't even get the see all of the ending because it had to go back right then. Later on, I just never thought to try it. I wouldn't have the patience to level Chaz up that far, either.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Wolf Bird » Fri Nov 21, '08, 6:54 pm

Never tried it either. I just don't have much patience for excessive leveling, and one reason I do like PSIV so much is that for the most part, character levels keep up with your foes, so excessive grinding isn't necessary. I don't mind leveling up here and there, but I don't like seeing too much of it. I just would lack the patience. But it may be one of those things I try to do someday anyway, even though it's futile.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Re: The Duel Atop the Tower

Postby XxEnslavedNekoxX » Wed Jun 24, '09, 6:10 am

God that was just an insult! I hated having to fight against Alys and I went back continually trying to beat him until I figured out it was a pointless battle. Still so horrible. I wanted to hurt him sooo bad >.< It was bad enough when she died and I cried like a baby, but to bring her back and use her against us? Horrible >.<
XxEnslavedNekoxX
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Achievements: 11

Postby Erpy » Wed Jun 24, '09, 11:46 am

Nope, never. A boss that spams an insanely powerful Megid every turn on a one-man party without Barrier pretty much says: "This is the point where you're supposed to lay down and die."

Reactions here do suggest Refaze was quite effective at his job at testing people's ability to restrain their anger. :)
Erpy
Shopkeeper
Shopkeeper

Achievements: 26

Postby Scootaloo » Mon Apr 20, '15, 8:47 pm

Re-Faze isn't possible without cheating/hacking. He's simply unwinnable.

Maybe he could be possible if you had a full party of characters at level 99 like Chaz-Rika-Rune-Wren-Raja. Wren to put up Barrier and Raja to do healing. It probably is possible then.

But even if you won there'd be no point. Re-Faze gives you 1 experience and meseta and you don't even learn Megid.
Scootaloo
Guardian
Guardian

Achievements: 48

Postby myau56 » Sun Dec 25, '16, 11:14 am

If Re-Faze is invincible without hacking...hard to try ! But personnaly impossible to have the patience to level up to level 99...:(
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Return to Phantasy Star IV