No votes
I don't remember
14%
I never had a Genesis
14%

Total votes : 7

Which Genesis

Postby Thoul » Thu Nov 15, '07, 12:01 am

If you had a Sega Genesis, which model of the system did you have?

There was the original, which was the biggest and boasted "16 Bit" on top of the system.

The second model, the one I had, was solid black and smaller. A lot more sleek than the original, but works just as well with all the same stuff.

The final third model, looked a lot like the second but had a big "3" on the top. It didn't support add-ons like the Sega CD, where both of the previous models did. It's also a lot smaller - maybe have the size of the second model.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby hugues » Thu Nov 15, '07, 2:26 am

I bought the original back in 1989, still have it. A few years ago the sound stopped working on it (weird) so I bought a replacement on eBay. I also have a couple Model 2's that I got at garage sales for $1-$2.
hugues
Android
Android

Achievements: 32

Postby SparkyIII » Thu Nov 15, '07, 4:59 am

Model two, it still works for me. It was also only the first Genesis, the second was a 3, yeah a lot smaller, and ours had a weird function on it that the longer you played the greener everything would look XD It was most apparent in PS3, when its going through that loong intro, the sun in the back was white and blue, then at the end green and yellow XDDD
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Postby Tsunami » Thu Nov 15, '07, 10:16 am

I know we had a model 1 and a model 2, but neither work anymore! :cry: Now I have to resort to using the Sega nomad just to play things and use the adapter to have it on my TV screen.
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby LordShibas » Thu Nov 15, '07, 12:49 pm

I had both the Model 1 and Model 2, and both models of the Sega CD. Never got a 32x though.
LordShibas
Cyborg
Cyborg

Achievements: 9

Postby Neithird » Thu Nov 15, '07, 7:47 pm

We had the second model, the black one. I always wanted a model 1, but they weren't in stores by the time we got one.
:clyde: · · · :pacman: · · · · · · ● · · · · :inky: · · ·
"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." ~ Optimus Prime
Neithird
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 21

Return to Retro Roundup