The Girl in the Window • Phantasy Star: Fringes of Algo

The Girl in the Window

Share your poetry, short stories, and other non-fanfic writings here.

The Girl in the Window

Postby Snorb » Fri Sep 30, '11, 4:59 am

Based on a somewhat true story.

Spellbound.

I think that's the best way to describe it- I saw you appear on my Facebook page as one of those friend-of-a-friend connections. You were quite a surprise, I have to admit. I'm not sure what it was, but I had to look at your profile.

Cute as a button, from your midnight pixie hair to your sea-green eyes, your lips, ruby red, like a small heart upon your face. Beautiful. I had to see more of you- the city you love so much, your friends, your hobbies; every photo was like an ever-beckoning Siren's song, luring me in.

Mutual interests are a great thing- I would love to have a chat about the best actor to play Doctor Who. (Television, Matt Smith; Big Finish, Paul McGann- no equals.) What the best Katy Perry song is (Hot n Cold. Simple, yes, but kinda catchy.) And once we're done with that, maybe a long quiet walk in the ever-growing autumn breeze. Maybe a few rounds of bowling- I gotta warn you, I'm quite bad at it, though. =) Perhaps talking about the best Top Gear moments (the failed Reliant Robin space shuttle, the car train, Michael Gambon almost rolling the Reasonably Priced Car?)

The Perks of Being a Wallflower. Brave New World. Comics. Some oldie but goodies for favorite music, some new stuff- some indie bands, some established classics. Wonderful taste in music. I wish we could be friends. I'd love to take you to the bookstore by me. Let's share coffee- let me introduce you to ZZ Top. Reunite with the Beatles. Take you to the world of Neuromancer. The Hunt for Red October. Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.

Maybe we can share some favorite movies- show each other a movie we never would have seen if not for each other. Movies we both liked and were inspired by. Or hell, maybe some anime.

I don't know what this is- someone seeing too much in a simple Facebook page? Clothos, Lachesis, and Atropos working at the loom, slowly binding the threads of Fate together? God's will? Destiny? Simple blind luck and coincidence? It doesn't matter to me- I had to click "Friend Request."

How I wish to get to know you, o girl in my window.

For a woman I have never, yet dearly wish to, meet someday. Even if only for five minutes.
Snorb
Reviews

Return to Original Writings