The Earth is Flat!

Whether it's new discoveries or explorations of the world, if it's science and not about games, talk about it here.

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Thu Feb 7, '08, 6:45 pm

Kaloes wrote:I do not approve of getting high. This is just for the sake of the joke.

(Kaloes and a few of the Fringes family are sitting around the table getting high)

Kaloes: So.. you ever wonder what makes the Earth spin?
Tsunami: I don't know.. Maybe we're the ones spinning.
Thoul: No way, its like the sun is spinning around us.
Kaloes: Really, thats sooooo cool man.
Tsunami: (Dozing off)
Sparky III: You ever wonder something?
Thoul: Yo?
Snorb: I know, I know where you're so getting at this..
Sparky III: Shshshshshsh, listen.. You hear that?
Kaloes: .....
Thoul: .....
Tsunami: (Comes back) Whoa, did I just faint?
Sparky: What if.. the universe was the one spinning, and we were the ones never moving.
Tsunami: .... hehe What?
Kaloes: You know what guys?
Thoul: ?
Sparky: hehehe
Tsunami: ehh?
Snorb: *snorts*
Kaloes: We've been talking about stupid stuff like this.. For such a loooong time..

(Tsunami throws a pillow at Kaloes and everyone laughs)

Very nice, Kaloes! :clap: :D
Good Friday ~ March 29, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Thu Feb 7, '08, 6:48 pm

Caged Wolf wrote:Ugh. It's claims like this that just annoys me about really conservative Christians.

I don't think all conservative Christians would even agree with or support all this stuff, lol. Or, even non-conservative Christians for that matter. :)
Good Friday ~ March 29, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Wolf Bird » Thu Feb 7, '08, 10:20 pm

Silver_Surfer1 wrote:
Caged Wolf wrote:Ugh. It's claims like this that just annoys me about really conservative Christians.

I don't think all conservative Christians would even agree with or support all this stuff, lol. Or, even non-conservative Christians for that matter. :)

Oh, I know, that's why I put the words "really conservative" in there to denote the most far-right fringe. They're the ones that annoy me. And in some cases, scare me, in a way.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby SparkyIII » Thu Feb 7, '08, 11:02 pm

Its like they haven't even heard of gravity. lol :rofl:
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Postby Thoul » Fri Feb 8, '08, 9:18 am

:lol: @ Kaloes

Caged Wolf wrote:
Reno wrote:I can almost guarantee there's a geocentric-sympathisers site out there somewhere, I should try searching sometime.

Oh, there just has to be somewhere. I may actually search at some point too, I'm curious. There must be one somewhere.

I did a quick search the other day, just out of curiosity. While I'm sure the site Reno linked is just a joke, there is a real Flat Earth Society and a website and forum about it.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Tsunami » Fri Feb 8, '08, 3:28 pm

I wonder if they can explain the pictures of Earth being round from space, then... :p
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby Wolf Bird » Fri Feb 8, '08, 4:22 pm

Simple: Claim the images are fake. :p
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Postby Reno » Fri Feb 8, '08, 4:43 pm

Caged Wolf wrote:Simple: Claim the images are fake. :p

That must be the best argument ever! If anyone challenges something you say, and presents hard evidence to support them, simply accuse it as being fake! They'd have no defence to counter, (other than naming you a stupid git that is!).

@ Thoul: I think you might be right :wink: Everyone, click on the link on their site that says, "Join the F. E. Society" and read through what they want you to fill out.:D That previous link was a hilarious imitation, but this is the real deal! Just click on the banner, and you're into the forums that are occupied by some of the most enlightened people in our flat lil' world!
"Science was dealt a crippling blow the instant that its conclusions were deemed to be subject to democracy."
[face=Arial][/face]
Reno
Agent
Agent

Achievements: 18

Postby Tsunami » Fri Feb 8, '08, 4:57 pm

Oh dear.

It's a flat world, after all,
It's a flat world, after all...
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby Wolf Bird » Fri Feb 8, '08, 4:58 pm

Reno wrote:
Caged Wolf wrote:Simple: Claim the images are fake. :p

That must be the best argument ever! If anyone challenges something you say, and presents hard evidence to support them, simply accuse it as being fake! They'd have no defence to counter, (other than naming you a stupid git that is!).

Exactly, isn't that the beauty of just saying it's fake? No defense.

And by the way, Reno...love the quote in your signature. :mrgreen:

Wolf Bird

PreviousNext

Return to Science Symposium