The Devastation War Spoilers, of course.

Explore the Alisa III as it travels the stars.

The Devastation War Spoilers, of course.

Postby Zio_Falz » Thu Aug 23, '18, 9:50 pm

I've read the Compendium translation by Capowski, and pretty much everything else that to my knowledge exists on Phantasy Star III, but it is all still quite fuzzy on what exactly the "Devastation War" exactly was. Based on the fuzzy information and timeline, it might or might not be an ethnic or race war, or war of literal good versus evil.

To my knowledge, per the combined English and Japanese PSIII, PS II Generations, the PS Compendium, etc., script and updates:

AW 1284
Phantasy Star II occurs.
Orakio and Laya were alive on Palma in AW 1284, and part of some sort of resistance to Mother Brain and/or Dark Falz. They fight Dark Falz; They lose.
Palma blows up via Gaira crashing into it, 400 ships like Alisa III and Neo Palm leave in the nick of time.
Rolf and co. destroy Dark Falz, Mother Brain, and Earthmen.
The Great Collapse occurs on Mota and Dezo; Algol loses 90% of its life and technology.

AW 2284
Devastation War occurs.
Orakio and Laya lead a Robot contingent and a (Bio)Monster Contingent, respectively.
Somehow along the way, they end up on opposing sides.
Per the English translation of Miun, the last thing she recalls of Laya riding off with a knight who has a black sword. (Implied to be Orakio's Sword, thus Orakio.)
Also, Rulakir states his heart went black 1000 years ago when his family died, which implies a wife/child and twin brother of Orakio.
Chaz and co. travel to the Abyss and defeat/seal The Profound Darkness.

AW 32xx--> 3284--> 32xx/329x
Phantasy Star III occurs.
Only 2 of the 400 ships remain or are accounted for.
Kein/Rhys is born, gives way to 2 more generations, which defeat Dark Falz.
And may or may not destroy another domed ship like Alisa III and Neo Palm.
And may or may not bring Dark Falz to Earth of the Sol System, creating a "catch 22" between PS1 and PS3.

Is the "Devastation War" an actual war or event?
Or is the "Devastation War" a blanket term like "The Great Collapse?" Which wasnt a single event, but rather a series of events which result from the loss of the planet Palma, the seal Palma transfixed, and the "care" Mother Brain no longer was able to provide as a result of being shut down?
Zio_Falz
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 58

Re: The Devastation War Spoilers, of course.

Postby myau56 » Thu Apr 7, '22, 1:40 pm

Dear Zio_Falz : that's so great ! :o :fiery: :clap: :up:
Amazing work to be able to synthetize all those different informations from different "materials" and sources :) A very "hard" and nice work !
Also that I've never thought about many thinks ! For example : "Orakio and Laya were alive on Palma in AW 1284, and part of some sort of resistance to Mother Brain and/or Dark Falz. They fight Dark Falz; They lose." The fact Orakio and Laya were of course on Palma !!! So evident.... :hyper:
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Re: The Devastation War Spoilers, of course.

Postby Zio_Falz » Tue Apr 12, '22, 3:37 pm

You're incorrect aboutYou're incorrect about Orakio and Laya being alive in 1284.
Per the Phantasy Star Ii Generations on PS2, it was not them, but rather it was their ancestors, names Ohario and, surprise, like every other female in their family besides Gwyn, Ohario's companian was also named Laya. They were in league with Tyler, and were the ones who informed Taylor of the resistance fighters ( Eusis) on Gaira/Gaila, that was headed for Palm. That's why they took the initiative to create the mass exodus from Palm on the spaceships that we find ourselves on in Phantasy Star III.
Then 1000 years later, that was the Devastation War in 2284, between the cyborg and the biomonster factions. I imagine it must've just been a lover's quarrel since they, ended up on each other side/team at the end, when they exiled the extremists of Lune and Siren, then they rode off on a horse, much like a modern Western.

Thank you, Myau.
I have a very, perhaps a healthy, obsession with Phantasy Star.
For example, it was not hard work, and I'm working completely for memory, but if you were to fact check it, everything I said above is true. I mean, true, inside of this fictional universe.
So I tend to overthink absolutely everything, and it actually leave no stone unturned, to my knowledge, but I'm sure I'm missing something.
Zio_Falz
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 58

Return to Phantasy Star III