Such doodle.

Have you tried your hand at fan art or original art? Show us here!

Such doodle.

Postby Xander » Thu May 22, '14, 9:13 pm

I drew a thing.

Xander
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 189

Re: Such doodle.

Postby myau56 » Thu May 22, '14, 9:19 pm

Nice drawing ! Nice design for Claire in 2014 ! :) When did you draw this picture Xander ?
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Fri May 23, '14, 12:10 am

Very nice!! I have always liked Claire and it is good to see her again. She is lovely and mysterious too, I think. Terrific details on her cape, staff, etc. I especially like the red design on the rim of her cape.

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Wing Eye » Wed Jun 25, '14, 9:39 pm

As impressive as always ;)
Check out my Phantasy Star parody comic
http://www.theduckwebcomics.com/Phantasy_Star_Replay
Wing Eye
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 297

Postby Xander » Wed Jun 25, '14, 9:53 pm

Impressive? Paper-thin feedback, but I guess it's at least better than being told it's perfect, so I'll take it.

I drew it right before I posted it. Okay, I coloured it right before posting it, but the drawing was done in itself about 2 weeks before then. My job keeps me busy these days, but whatever. I'm still doodling.

I dunno about Claire being mysterious. She's not even got her hood up in this one. That's the look! I do intend to draw that one day, but not anytime soon...maybe. That said, there may be the mystery of how someone who dies at the start of a story can still be a legit character and/or plot device for the rest of the proceedings, but then there's the olde "it's sci-fi!" excuse. And Claire has psychic powers that let her talk to the dead and such, ergo, she can do all that other stuff.
"There's nothing wrong with you that I can't fix...with my hands!!"

ImageImage
Xander
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 189

Postby Wolf Bird » Fri Jun 27, '14, 7:25 pm

This is just a doodle? This looks like far more than a doodle. ;) There is one little thing, and this might sound a bit petty and nitpicky, but there it is. Her mouth looks just oh-so-slightly too far towards the right for the angle her face is at, and it makes her face look a little odd to me. It's a bit jarring to my eyes. I think if it was just a hair further to the left, it'd be in the perfect position. However, besides that one little thing, this is pretty excellent. The coloring is REALLY well-done, and one thing I definitely like about it is that it's not too flashy and in-your-face, but is rather a bit subtle with muted tones (particularly the deep blue of her cloak).

Overall, this is really well-done. Nice. :)
Last edited by Wolf Bird on Fri Jun 27, '14, 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Return to Artwork