The Dark Knight Rises

Chat about your latest viewings of the big screen movies.

Re: The Dark Knight Rises

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Sat Jul 14, '12, 9:09 pm

First, a new preview is out for "The Dark Knight Rises" showing a vast change in Bruce Wayne and Batman. If you don't want to know anything about the new movie then you may want to skip this:

http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-tal ... 42277.html

Second, it seems director Chris Nolan didn't want The Joker mentioned in this latest film for various reasons:

http://movies.msn.com/movies/article.aspx?news=743167

Really, that seems a little extreme to me in not mentioning The Joker at all. I mean, The Joker is more to Batman and the Batman movies than simply one actor playing him or whatever, in my humble opinion.

Comments or Opinions??

Oh and can anyone tell me why this is named The Dark Knight "Rises" when I have heard that Batman may die in this film?? Rises certainly doesn't seem like dieing to me. Am I missing something along the way, lol??
Palm Sunday ~ March 24, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby myau56 » Sun Jul 15, '12, 10:26 pm

No Joker ? Too bad...:(
About "rises", I didn't have any explanation : maybe someone knows about it ?
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Postby Thoul » Mon Jul 16, '12, 1:44 am

I have no problem with the ban on mentioning Joker. There's nothing wrong with a Batman story not specifically referencing every villain that came before. Let the last movie be it's own story and let this movie be a new story. That works just fine for me. Maybe it'll also cut down on the inevitable comparisons of the villains in the new movie to the old one.

As for "Rises" in the title... well, I can think of a number of possible reasons, but that's going too far into spoiler and speculation for me. I'm content to wait and see how Batman rises during the movie. Right now, the whole dying thing is just fan speculation anyway.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Flames of Yagami » Wed Jul 18, '12, 7:13 pm

I'm fine with Joker not being mentioned, too. IIRC, he wasn't mentioned in the sequels to the '89 film either, so it's not like it's a requirement for this movie to do that.

Also, I'm going to try to see a screening of the entire trilogy at my local AMC on Thursday. It sounds like a rare opportunity if you ask me. Plus I think it would amp up my anticipation for TDKR if I saw the first 2 right before it. There were still tickets available when I checked today, so let's hope I manage to get lucky and buy some before they're sold out.

UPDATE: Just got some tickets!!
Last edited by Flames of Yagami on Wed Jul 18, '12, 7:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Flames of Yagami
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 212

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Thu Jul 19, '12, 2:33 pm

Ok, let me be a little clearer on what I really meant above in my opinion on this not mentioning The Joker. I don't really see anything wrong with not mentioning The Joker, especially if he's not even in the film. I just thought it was a little extreme to "ban" any mention of such a character that has extremely close ties to Batman. Having said that, I can see why they would want to do such a thing considering the related events surrounding the last movie, etc.

Now, I found some new comments on early previews of "The Dark Knight Rises". Again, if you don't want to know information about the movie before seeing it....then you may not want to read this below. I won't say any more, except it looks like the character of Bain has gotten very good comments so far:

http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-tal ... 41016.html

If anyone gets to go see this movie soon, let us know what you think of it!!

Silver_Surfer1

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Sat Jul 21, '12, 7:08 pm

Well, a senseless tragedy has occurred during a midnight showing of "The Dark Knight Rises" in one theater in Colorado where several people were shot and killed:

http://omg.yahoo.com/news/celebs-react- ... tml?_esi=1

Heartbreaking!! :cry: :sad:

And, another article with thoughts from those connected to the making of "The Dark Knight Rises", etc.:

http://news.yahoo.com/warner-bros-strug ... nance.html

Condolences to all the victims and their families and everyone touched by this disaster
Last edited by Silver_Surfer1 on Sat Jul 21, '12, 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Silver_Surfer1

Postby Lucas » Sun Jul 22, '12, 3:18 am

It’s awful to hear of things like that, it even made the news over here in Australia. A few of my friends and I went to see the movie last night which I greatly enjoyed. When I was waiting in line to buy my ticket another group of blokes in front of us mentioned the shooting that took place in the States as well. :(

My best wishes go out to the families and friends of the victims and others involved.

"It's always fun to kill a god." ~ Akuma (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
Lucas
Protector
Protector

Achievements: 175

Postby myau56 » Sun Jul 22, '12, 8:27 am

:( Condolences to all the people ...
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Postby Flames of Yagami » Sun Jul 22, '12, 6:54 pm

I heard about the shooting the other day. I can't believe someone would do something like that, I mean, those people were just trying to watch a movie and enjoy themselves, and then that guy had to show up and turn their night into a tragedy. My condolences to the victims and their families.

On the bright side, I went to see the trilogy on Thursday and it was incredible to say the least. I don't have anything to say except to see the movie yourself.
Flames of Yagami
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 212

Postby Atlinsmere » Tue Jul 24, '12, 7:03 am

It's sad to know that stuff like that could happen. My condolences to the families and friends who were effected by this. Atlin

On another note, I saw this movie today. It was a great addition to the Dark Knight Trilogy and I actually think it's my favourite of the three movies, which is surprising because I didn't think it would be that good because most trilogy movies end up bombing badly. Tom Hardy did a great job as Bane even though the voice was a little annoying in my opinion. The cast in the movie was great and I think they did a great job implementing each character.
A simple text based signature? That's impossible!
Atlinsmere

Achievements: 392

PreviousNext

Return to Feature Films