The Chicago Med/Fire/PD thread

There's lots to talk about on the smaller screen.

Re: The Chicago Med/Fire/PD thread

Postby Rylen » Thu Oct 28, '21, 2:16 pm

Time to recap! Let's get started!

MED: Dr Scott's case focused on a young girl who is very clumsy and the father is someone he arrested when he was still a cop. Dr Hammer had to content with her mom and the tragic and dramatic stories of her life. While Crockett makes some decisions on his own future when it comes to which path he will take. Halstead is still working for Goodwin in trying to uncover a kickback plot. Over all a great ep with some fun directions.

FIRE: This ep was kind of a bottle neck. The main story was focused on the entire 911 center going down due to a ransomware attack and all the 911 calls being directed though Station 51. Severide and his helper work to uncover who burned down the Catholic church in the previous ep. I have a note about some Catholic related stuff at the end of this recap. Looks like this story will be drawn out for a few eps and looking forward to see where they take things.

PD: Ruzack was the main focus of this ep as the team tries to stop a smack and grab gang. While during the course of the investigation some of the evidence goes missing. A nice little "Law & Order" twist near the end changes the entire direction of the ep and puts the cross hairs directly on one of the cops helping the case.

During the FIRE ep the issue of confession comes up. A minor debate came up on the priest breaking that. This part of the EP was treated surprisingly well and was pretty accurate. Confession is a very important part of being Catholic and for a priest to break that seal the penalties for doing that are extreme. Rather amazed they treated things with a bit more respect than normal.

That's all for this recap I believe the shows are new next week so we shall see you then.
Rylen
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Achievements: 49

Postby Rylen » Thu Nov 4, '21, 1:24 pm

Time to dive in to the recap!

MED: Crockett is still learning the ropes to transplants. Maggie's daughter is fighting for a patient who on the surface looks like she's having a mental health crisis but in reality is dealing with something far more major. Halstead is still checking out the issues with the Vaskcom while the one doctor who he was investigating seems to have a major heart attack. But I have saved the best for last. The return of Dr Choi! Not seen since the season ender. Still recovering from getting shot and still has bit to go. The last bit in the ep saw a major fight between Hammer and her mom. Great ep with a few twists.

FIRE: This ep wraps up the story started a few eps previous on the church arson. Finding out who was involved and with a massive debate on the topic of liberal progressive Catholics vs more conservation ones. We also got our first new Lt who is taking over for Casey. Lot of questions were raised about why he moves from station to station (calling him a floater). He managed to go up against Gallo rather heatedly. The ep ends on a rather explosive note. Great as always and the set up for next week seems intense.

PD: Voight is the center of this ep which shows him drawn into the middle of a gang conflict. An informant who has her reasons for doing this. A few twists and turns with a decent ending to the story. However the main draw to this story is the increasing conflicts with Halstead. Things have not settled down and reach a dramatic fire storm. Not looking good for all involved. This has been a fun ride and we could see a major shake up of the team over all.

That is all for this recap. If you would like more info on some of the "Catholic Conflicts" I've noted just drop me a DM. If I get enough requests I might make a blog entry on it.
Rylen
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Postby Rylen » Thu Nov 11, '21, 1:54 pm

My fav time in the morning. Recap!

MED: The main story had a focus on an old cop who knows Dr Scott who has some major mental health issues. Halstead keeps pushing for more information on medical kickback while the stress is doing Goodwin no favors. Dr Choi is back to action but a decision in the ER will put his return on a pause. Over all a good solid ep.

FIRE: The new Lt is making waves again and is in a constant clash with Gallo. The paramedics deal with one of their own going down. While we learn much more about the back story of this new LT and why he's been a floater for most of his time. Lot of dramatic action one lingering question: Where is Kidd? Is she coming back? Lot of questions but no answers.

PD: Halstead has to make some major choices as the FBI is trying to find out what happened from events in the season ender. The agent has an agenda and Upton, Halstead, and Voight are all in the cross hairs. The ep is a roller coaster as the team also deals with the death of a parent and the suspect is one of the young children.

That is it for this recap. The Fall Finally happens in Dec so no new eps till then.
Rylen
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Sat Nov 13, '21, 9:45 pm

I have been able to catch some of the Chicago PD episodes on the ION Channel. One day a week they show various shows all day long. Chicago PD is being shown on one day. I think it is Thursday. Not sure what season they are showing now, but I did see a few episodes. It looks like an interesting show.

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Rylen » Wed Nov 17, '21, 6:53 pm

Chicago Fire is on Tues and PD is on Thurs. They run the eps in order and will cover everything till the current Season which on the networks.
Rylen
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Postby Rylen » Thu Dec 9, '21, 5:20 pm

Time for the recap! It is the mid season break!

Med: Dr Archer got a taste of what it means to deal with mental illness as he and Dr Charles deal with a man who is facing some major issues. Crockett took on a liver transplant case where the man was having challenges. Maggy's daughter informs the entire hospital who she is during the end of the ep Christmas party. While the on going arc with Goodwin and Hallstead comes to a partial concluding with the FBI. Also of note. I loved the fact that during the scene with Santa at the end they had two children who had disabilities. Over all a good ep that sets up some major drama for the second half of the season.

Fire: The question of Stella Kidd comes up front and center as Severide has to try and contact her over her future with House 51. Gallos and crew's idea making beer goes down the drain after Gallos breaks up with one of the business partners. The heart touching story focused on a Christmas tree that fell on a Santa. While he was indeed hurt Mouch was able to help him. Some touching discussion between him Herman lead to a powerful moment with the Santa coming to the Boys and Girls Club on one of the fire trucks.

PD: Well if you were looking for heart warming story full of holiday cheer. This was not it. The FBI wants to nail Voight to the wall and take down anyone with him. Halstead is in the cross hairs and has to make a decision. In the middle of this a young woman gets caught up in a drug ring and two violent offenders are on the lose. Halstead and Voight have a confrontation over using some info to bring down the FBI agent. One of the rare times Voight offers to turn himself in. In the end we see how far Halstead will go to protect the team. But it is clear things will not be the same. The end of the Ep was kind of strange and could have problems down the road.

New eps return on Jan 5th and that is when we will see you next.
Rylen
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Postby Rylen » Thu Jan 6, '22, 4:38 pm

It is time once again for the recap!

MED: The ep picks up a short time after the events of the previous ep. Goodwin is under fire as she is seen both as a hero and villain for contacting the FBI. Everyone is now under the microscope. Crockett has to deal with a man in need of a kidney and a possible match is his son who has a disability. *see rant*. Archer has to help a man in an accident who drops a major revelation of his past. Halstead has to content with the fall out from his own role. Plus we now have a "Compliance Officer" hired to keep an eye on things with Goodwin in his cross hairs. A pretty heavy ep with a lot of twists and turns.

FIRE: The ep picks up seconds after the end of the previous one. Kidd is back and has some major work to do to repair the relationship with Severide. Boden is questioned about his new LT and how it might not have been a wise choice. The station also had to deal with a major accident and fire. While Ritter has to help a rookie cop who is questioning everything. The ep ends in the same place it started. With Kidd and Severide talking about their future.

PD: The focus of the ep was on Ruzak and Burgess. As the team tries to save a young girl that gets kidnapped. PD is always known for the twists and turns and this ep was a classic. Throwing all kinds of fun curve balls with the suspect we see at the start of the ep. However the drama unfolds with Makaila (The child Burgess is taking care of) is it is revealed that an estranged uncle is now in the picture and could threaten the newly formed family.

Lot of stuff to unpack and you can probably catch the repeats on the streaming services. Worth checking out.

(*cracks knuckles*)

The child in the MED ep really bothered me. Though I felt things were presented pretty fairly. Just the view of the docs around Crockett and how the developed mental disabilities were played out just got to me. I could easily relate to the kid and pretty much all that he was doing. Since I part of that same group. I don't think the writers were trying to present any kind of stereotype. Yet what we saw was more extreme than some of the people I know who also face this kind of stuff. Many of us who have developed mental disabilities live semi independent lives. I am not easily triggered or bothered. Still this one left me with a bit of a bitter feeling.
Rylen
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Postby Rylen » Thu Jan 13, '22, 2:28 pm

It's that time! Let's recap!

Med: Dr Scott has to treat a child with a broken arm. The complication being the kid has cancer and it involved some people from his past. The fall out from Goodwin's call to the FBI becomes even more apparent as all the docs who used the Vas-Com are now being sued. Halstead, Hammer, and Charles are trying to help two women who underwent an unauthorized plastic surgery. While Crocket has to deal with a super star who needs a liver transplant but is also heavy into the drinking. Great ep with a few twists and turns.

Fire: Herman is trying to win a radio station contest. While Lt Jason is dealing with revenge from a high ranking official. Just some of the fun stuff Station 51 had to deal with. The main story was focused on an accident and another fire fighter getting zapped with Lt. Jason taking the blame. Issues from his past come back to the present as it turns out someone is gunning for him. Boden has to make some hard decisions which will have some fall out. Over all a great ep.

PD: Atwater's shadow games will come back to bite him. The main case was about a drug dealer and Atwater turning someone into an informant. All the while avoiding the issue with his GF that he is a cop. A fact that he's kept hidden from her all this time. The case ends on a very disturbing note and the end scenes shows what happens when your lies catch up. It was pretty good to see how things played out.

That's all for this recap. Next week's eps are new.
Rylen
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Postby Rylen » Thu Jan 20, '22, 2:21 pm

It is time for the recap!

Med: We start off the ep with Dr Choi who is still recovering from his back operation. He meets up with Dr Charles to go pay a visit to Choi's dad. The child from Dr Scott's previous case is back and the father does not like him helping out. Hammer and Halstead treat a pregnant woman who wants to do things the old way. While Crockett has to deal with the kid of a transplant patient who is seeking revenge. A lot of ups and downs on this ep but over all good.

Fire: Boden and Kidd fight to save Lt Jason's job as a fire fighter has corruption becomes clear over the issues of the past. Herman deal with his two kids constantly fighting. While the focus on the ep was mainly on these two stories. The humor showed Gallos/Ritter planning some kind of informal ball with a throw back to a classic TV show from NBC. Not bad over all.

PD: Hank's CI is getting in over her head as the team investigates two murders over drug deals with a bakery owner at the center of the investigation. The movement is fact and a few surprises. This is one arch that will not be finished in one ep.

That's all for now. The new shows resume end of Feb.
Rylen
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Postby Rylen » Thu Feb 24, '22, 3:10 pm

After a break it is time for the recap!

MED: Crockett and Hammer have a case of a man who is having seizures. Dr Charles is having a personal issue with his therapist of the past 20 years. Dr Scott treats a woman who is expecting a baby and the father might have given her a transmitted illness. A lot of twists and turns in this ep and the ending pretty much calls out Crockett for his "ladies man" world view from the early seasons.

Fire: Lt Jason has a new office that could be haunted. A classic fire fighter trope is used to humorous effect. However the main story deals with a woman accused of arson and yet Severide doesn't think that is the case. The proof comes down to a bit of an experiment. Over all a good ep.

PD: Upton nearly gets hit by a car that goes off the bridge and into the river. She is able to save one of two people in the car. The case takes a dark turn as it turns out Upton saved the life of a man who had car jacked the vic. The story takes more than a few turns as we find out the suspect is a serial stalker. The ep ends nearly the same way it began. With Upton having a lot of questions about herself in the process.

Over all not bad. I am amazed though that NBC decided to "pause" the ep while it broke into programing. Which is good since I'm not sure I would have been able to use the recap.
Rylen
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

PreviousNext

Return to Tubular Television