How organized is your music collection?

Get up and move your body to the beat of music discussions.

How organized is your music collection?

Postby Thoul » Sun Mar 23, '08, 8:15 pm

What kind of music collection do you have, if you have one, and how is it arranged? Is it very organized or scattered all over the place?

My CDs are really spread around. I have a few in a CD drawer, with half the drawer being for PSOne and Dreamcast games. Others are on a shelf, some are in my closet. They're just everywhere. My digital music is more organized, but it's still not all that great. It's just organized enough for me to know what everything is, without being very detailed.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Sun Mar 23, '08, 11:44 pm

I had to smile when I saw this topic. It's a great topic, it's just that my music collection is so far from what you would call being "organized" that it is pitiful.

I have a couple CD's and most of them are together, but not organized the way I would like - alphabetically, etc. I ran out of room for them so now I've got to think of something else to do with them or somewhere else to put them.

My record collection is the most disorganized of all. I don't even know where half of them are. I've got to get it better organized. I can't listen to them if I don't know where they are.

Well, atleast most of my cassette tapes are together in one box, but I rarely listen to them anymore.
Good Friday ~ March 29, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Wolf Bird » Mon Mar 24, '08, 1:16 am

I tend to keep mine pretty well organized. The vast majority of it is heavy metal and I generally keep it organized alphabetically by group. The thing is, though, at college, my computer contains all my music, so my music program organizes it for me. But I keep my CDs organized too.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby SparkyIII » Mon Mar 24, '08, 4:57 am

I think having absolutely no music collection is the best organization of all. XD
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Postby Lemina » Mon Mar 24, '08, 11:06 pm

I don't really have a big music collection, so I mainly just throw them in the bag where I keep my video games. As long as I can find them, they are well organized to me! XD

Credits to Altin for the sig. Thank you dude! ^_^
Lemina
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 29

Postby snowdragon » Tue Mar 25, '08, 8:01 pm

pretty well organized but i could do better. i can usually find what i want when i want it so it works for me.
A Knight is sworn to valor,
his heart knows only virtue,
his blade defends the helpless,
his might upholds the weak,
his word speaks only truth,
his wrath undoes the wicked

(The Old Code - Dragonheart )
snowdragon
Agent
Agent

Achievements: 130

Return to Tootin' Tunes