The Avengers

Chat about your latest viewings of the big screen movies.

Re: The Avengers

Postby jessie » Sun Feb 9, '14, 3:38 pm

There is definitely a lot going on in this movie. I hope they don't over do it.
All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.
ImageImage
ImageImage
jessie
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 39

Postby Bragatyr » Sun Feb 9, '14, 4:52 pm

Definitely excited to hear that Paul Bettany is playing Vision, he's awesome, and perfect for the role.
Bragatyr
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 65

Postby myau56 » Sun Feb 9, '14, 6:08 pm

Yes, it really seems to be more a movie like "expendables" with so many super heroes and bad guys ! Paul Bettany will doing great in this role, that is for sure.
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Postby Thoul » Mon Jun 16, '14, 7:11 pm

They are certainly piling on the new characters. I imagine this will result in reduced roles for some of those returning from the previous movie, though. Without Loki around, then Thor might have less of a connection to the story, for example.

And while I'm glad to see Vision in, I'm also kind of sad that the popular theory of Agent Coluson becoming vision apparently proved wrong.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Tue Apr 14, '15, 7:33 pm

Upcoming new movie "The Avengers: Age Of Ultron" will be coming out May 1, 2015, I think. This should be another excellent adventure with The Avengers cast. Anyone looking forward to this movie?

http://marvel.com/avengers

Oh, and did anyone catch the stars of "The Avengers" (Robert Downey, Jr., Mark Ruffalo, Chris Evans, Scarlett Johanson, and Jeremy Renner, Chris Hemsworth) all on tv last night on "The Jimmy Kimmel Show"? It was an entertaining time. They all seemed to be in good spirits, especially Downey, Jr. They sure didn't know much about playing the game "The Family Feud" though, lol.

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Sun May 3, '15, 11:09 pm

Not surprisingly "The Avengers: Age Of Ultron" movie had a huge opening at the box office:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/news/bo ... cid=AARDHP

With numbers like this it will not be surprising to see them keep these sagas going at the movies for a long time if they can keep the cast together that is.

Has anyone seen this new movie yet, and if so, what did you think of it?

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby myau56 » Mon May 4, '15, 12:12 pm

We are going to Watch it on thursday morning ! I'll give you my opinion just after ! ;)
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Postby Icecypher » Tue May 5, '15, 3:20 pm

I loved it!

I like the Vision in the comics, and I think they introduced him in a fantastic way in the movie.

The way the newly introduced Avengers' membership was handled at the end was really special, as well.

I will watch the movie again this week end. :yes:

And I cannot wait for the Blu-Ray to come out. :mrgreen:
ImageImageImageImage
Phantasy Star fan art
deviantART - Blogspot
Icecypher
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Achievements: 63

Postby Wolf Bird » Sun May 10, '15, 1:25 am

So I just saw it. It was very dense and some plot points may be a touch hard to follow. But it was also very fun. I was really glad to see Hawkeye with a greater role, and in this one he seemed like the member the Avengers would've fallen apart without. He was the team's anvil.

What I did not like, though...was the theater. We saw it at an IMAX, and I saw the first Hobbit movie and Dark Knight Rises at this theater. Sometime between the last time I was there and today, someone decided to crank the volume up considerably. And I mean to painful, possibly damaging levels, especially to sensitive kids' ears (and kids are seeing this movie). I walked out with my enjoyment considerably dampened by a pounding, throbbing headache and pain in my ears. I'm bringing my musician's ear plugs next time I'm at this theater, which I should not have to do. My head is still pounding.
Last edited by Wolf Bird on Sun May 10, '15, 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Snorb » Sun May 10, '15, 3:43 am

They gave us the wrong kind of glasses for our IMAX showing, but those quickly got replaced. (Not before the Star Wars: The Force Awakens and the 007: SPECTRE trailers, though. >_<)

Movie was good; Tony Stark got his usual snark on, we got to see some foreshadowing for Captain America: Civil War (which I'm glad Marvel decided to actually listen to the fans on and make Cap the hero*), and Hulk gets another awesome moment when he's left alone with the villain just like in the last movie.

Also, new movie means new Avengers (or is it New Avengers? I don't keep up with the comics).

*I say it like this because in the original comic book Civil War arc, Iron Man was canonically the hero. Yes, the same Iron Man who sicced super villains on his fellow superheroes for not signing an extremely draconian national security act outing them as heroes/drafting them in case the Chitauri try something again, he's the HERO in the comic books.
Read my social stuff!
The ramblings of an oldish geezer on Facebook.
@SnorbESnorb on Twitter. The "E" stands for "Everything."

Play my games!
The ArrrPG - A game I made about being a pirate. This be a first draft, matey! Though it plays just fine, clap yer eyes on th' eventual Revised an' Expanded Edition and you'll be pleased, by thunder!

Nakama: A Card Game of Magical Girls - A completely un-playtested card game about being a magical girl.

Well, excuse me while I defy all laws of logic and common sense and do it anyway.
Snorb

Achievements: 124

PreviousNext

Return to Feature Films