The Amazing Spider-Man

Chat about your latest viewings of the big screen movies.

The Amazing Spider-Man

Postby Flames of Yagami » Wed Jul 4, '12, 8:14 pm

I just wanted to say that I'm going to see the movie in an hour and then post my first impressions on here when it's over. I haven't seen too many previews, so I don't know what to expect. Let's hope I'll enjoy it as much as the Sam Raimi trilogy (yes, that means I liked Spider-Man 3).
Flames of Yagami
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 212

Re: The Amazing Spider-Man

Postby myau56 » Wed Jul 4, '12, 10:22 pm

Like I said in another post, I've just seen it a few hours ago and I am very happy ! The movie is great for me and I haven't seen it in 3D YES !!!!!! ;) Yagami, I'm eager to see your comments on it ! I've seen the first and second one of the Sam Raimi tilogy and that was great but for me this one is better :)
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Postby Flames of Yagami » Thu Jul 5, '12, 4:48 am

Okay, I just left the movie, and I bet you're wondering what I thought of it. Well, I had a lot of fun watching it. Pretty much every aspect about it was downright superb. I really like how this one stays a bit closer to the comics than the first 3 movies, like how Spidey uses web shooters instead of organic webbing. The Lizard looked cool, even though he looked more like a mutated version of The Scorpion rather than a lizard. Stan Lee's cameo (which I won't spoil) was excelsior as usual, and it may be his best one yet. There was also a scene after the credits, but sadly, I missed it. My only complaint is that movie seemed too short. I don't know why, but it just felt that way to me.

I'm really looking forward to what Marc Webb will do for the sequels. For one thing, I hope they bring J.K. Simmons back as Jonah Jameson. I know this is a reboot, but come on, Stan Lee has been in every Spider-Man movie so far, so it wouldn't be too far fetched. And if Venom is introduced, he needs a lot more screen time than in Spider-Man 3. I'm also interested in seeing more info about Peter's parents

All in all, it was an amazing movie (pun intended), but is it better than the original trilogy? To be honest, I think it's too early for me to know for sure.
Last edited by Flames of Yagami on Thu Jul 5, '12, 4:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Flames of Yagami
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Postby myau56 » Thu Jul 5, '12, 1:06 pm

I must precise that I have never read any spiderman comics at all ! Maybe that's an important precision ! But all in all e very grat movie, and I've missed the scene after the credits :(
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Postby Thoul » Thu Jul 5, '12, 6:10 pm

I'm glad to hear you enjoyed it. It'll be a while before I'm able to see it myself, but I look forward to it. I also hope they bring back J.K. Simmons for Jameson. If there was any casting decision in the original trilogy that was spot on, that's the one.

I've read that Sony is considering making a standalone Venom movie. I think I might like that better than putting him in a Spider-Man film. Even though they do have a long history together, the way Venom was treated in Spider-Man 3 was very disappointing. He should have a whole movie to himself, not be lumped into an awkward villain team up.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Wed Apr 17, '13, 10:51 pm

Saw this story with a pic of actor Jamie Foxx as Electro in the upcoming "Amazing Spiderman 2" movie:

http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-tal ... 48794.html

I had no idea Foxx was going to be in this movie. He's a terrific actor and will contribute a great deal to the success of this movie. Can't wait to see it when it comes out.

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Thu Dec 5, '13, 9:05 am

It appears that Green Goblin may also be in "Amazing Spiderman 2":

http://movies.yahoo.com/news/amazing-sp ... 55043.html

Silver_Surfer1

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Tue Feb 25, '14, 1:29 am

Silver_Surfer1

Postby myau56 » Tue Feb 25, '14, 9:21 pm

Thanks for the links ! Great one and great news : it's going to be cool ! :)
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

The Amazing Spider-Man 2

Postby Flames of Yagami » Fri May 16, '14, 4:46 am

So I just watched The Amazing Spider-Man 2 tonight, and it was great, definitely better than the first one. I want to talk more in depth about it, buy I'm pretty tired (as it was a long movie), so hopefully I'll have some things to say tomorrow.

EDIT: I can't really find a good way to talk about the movie without spoiling the whole thing, but the least I can do is try:

First I want to say that the story was action packed and kept me glued to my seat from beginning to end, although it seemed little rushed at times, as some characters/plot points weren't developed as much as I wanted them to be. Keeping spoilers to a minimum, it involves Spidey dealing with new threats such as Electro, along with further uncovering the mysteries surrounding his parents. While theories does throw a lot at you, it wasn't as much of an issue as it was in Spider-Man 3, with the exception of the way a certain character was handled, but I won't delve further into that.

Like the first movie, the acting was brilliant. Andrew Garfield is great at giving Spidey a sense of humor and he has a wonderful chemistry with Emma Stone have a that makes them a lot of fun to watch (I believe they're dating in real life, so that's probably part of the reason). I was skeptical of Jamie Foxx's performance after I first heard he'd be in the movie, but thankfully, I enjoyed him in the role of Electro. Sally Field as Aunt May was more tolerable here than she was in the first film, with the one of the highlights being a brief scene of her telling Peter that he was her son as far as she was concerned. Paul Giamatti was hammy, but in a good way. To be fair, I preferred James Franco over Dane DeHaan as Harry Osborn, and once again, there was a sore lack of JK Simmons, let alone J. Jonah Jameson (aside from a brief cameo in an email).

What I'm shocked about is how everyone seems to be bashing this movie left and right; I didn't read the reviews so I would be able to judge the film on my own merits, but still, that was the general idea I got after looking at the ratings. I for one thought this one was, not only more enjoyable than ASM1, but it ties with Spider-Man 2 as my favorite film in the franchise; all we need now is a story on the scale of SM2 along with the cast and acting of ASM2, and I will have my dream Spidey flick.
Last edited by Flames of Yagami on Fri May 16, '14, 4:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
Flames of Yagami
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Next

Return to Feature Films