Thanksgiving-what are you thankful for?

Celebrating all those special times in each year.

Postby Thoul » Thu Nov 20, '08, 9:56 pm

I'm thankful for everyone helping this site to be such a success. I couldn't ask for a better group of members. :D
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Lemina » Thu Nov 20, '08, 11:43 pm

^ Aww, cute~

Me? I' thankful for many many things. One thing that I'll mention here is that I'm thankful to live in the US. It has its flaws, but overall, you couldn't find a free-er country~

EDIT: Added some things. :yaknow:
Last edited by Lemina on Fri Nov 21, '08, 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Credits to Altin for the sig. Thank you dude! ^_^
Lemina
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 29

Postby Wolf Bird » Fri Nov 21, '08, 12:01 am

Lessee...

I'm thankful for my awesome friends here on campus, my supporting family back home, all the little things in life that I have the privilege to enjoy, and the awesome people on his message board.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Schala Zeal » Tue Nov 25, '08, 2:56 pm

Thankful for my family, my friends, good co-workers, being able to afford luxuries such as games, food, a good life, the nice people on this board, and more. Many things to be thankful for~
Schala Zeal
Guardian
Guardian

Achievements: 21

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Thu Nov 27, '08, 10:17 pm

I agree, there are so many things to be thankful for - including some things we may not even think of. Today I have been trying to really be thankful for all we have and I find myself realizing many things I use every day that I sometimes forget to be thankful for.

Example:

Hot water when we take a shower. Many people don't even have hot water, or a shower, etc. We are blessed.

Food we eat. Every bite of Turkey, dressing, cranberry sauce, sweet potato casserole, apple pie, etc., reminds me that many don't have a good meal like this and may even go to bed hungry tonight. We are blessed.

Companionship of Family and Friends. We are blessed.

Our cats. They are sweet and the best friends in the whole wide world. They are a blessing to us.

Soap. We couldn't get clean without it. :) We are blessed.

TV & Video Games. Best of entertainment and keep us busy. Another blessing.

Sunshine. Our Thanksgiving Day was filled with sunshine and fairly warm temperatures for this time of year. It was a beautiful day. We were blessed.

Home. A place to lay our heads, while away our hours, and feel warm and safe. Many people have lost their homes in this bad economy and many are homeless in America and world wide. We are blessed.

Laughter. It makes you feel good to laugh and can even add years to your life. That is a blessing.

Freedom and Safety. Many young men and women are away from their homes and loved ones on this day and instead in a foreign land fighting so that we can enjoy the day safely. May God Bless All Of Them.

So much more one could say, but I'll stop here for now. Suffice to say, we are truly blessed and very thankful on this Thanksgiving Day.

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Lemina » Sun Nov 30, '08, 10:59 pm

It's amazing how countless the blessing we receive are. As they say, "You never know the worth of water, until the well is dry."
Speaking of which, an old forum that I used to go to had a link to this website:
http://www.freerice.com/index.php
It's an organization that gives free rice to the hungry whenever you get an answer right. The details are inside.

Credits to Altin for the sig. Thank you dude! ^_^
Lemina
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 29

Postby Schala Zeal » Mon Dec 1, '08, 2:40 am

Lemina wrote:It's amazing how countless the blessing we receive are. As they say, "You never know the worth of water, until the well is dry."
Speaking of which, an old forum that I used to go to had a link to this website:
http://www.freerice.com/index.php
It's an organization that gives free rice to the hungry whenever you get an answer right. The details are inside.

I never completely knew how that rice thing worked, but it's a fun way to increase your vocab!

@Silver_Surfer: Indeed, there are many things that people take for granted; many things that we expect to be there. We are truly blessed!
Schala Zeal
Guardian
Guardian

Achievements: 21

Previous

Return to Holidays