If Phantasy Star V were created...

Discuss the saga of Algo, where the legend began.

If Phantasy Star V were created...

Postby Thoul » Fri Jul 24, '09, 1:12 pm

If Sega got with the program and returned to the original Phantasy Star series, creating a real and official Phantasy Star V, which modern gaming system would you want it to be released on? Sega's gotten pretty close with Nintendo, so a franchise like that might grace the Wii. Some of the other RPGs Sega is publishing are going to the Xbox 360. Of course, the company is no stranger to other formats - PlayStation, DS, PC, and so on. Which would be the best fit for your vision of a new Phantasy Star?
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Re: If Phantasy Star V were created...

Postby Darkil » Fri Jul 24, '09, 2:46 pm

I'd have to lean towards the X360 personally. There is so much they can do with it now [Netflix, soon Facebook and Twitter] plus DLC, it seems a logical choice. OF course the other 2 can also do it so I suppose it doesn't matter. I wouldn't mind it on the 360 also because of achievements :D
Shhh my common sense is tingling
Darkil
Dezorian
Dezorian

Achievements: 54

Postby Lucas » Fri Jul 24, '09, 3:09 pm

I think it would suit a 360 or PS3 release. Personally I don't think a true sequel to the classic PS series would make a good wii game.

"It's always fun to kill a god." ~ Akuma (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
Lucas
Protector
Protector

Achievements: 175

Postby ThugsRook » Fri Jul 24, '09, 7:17 pm

the programmer would need to be a serious retro nut, or the game will prolly end up using the Mario engine. (ie sonic)

honestly i dont think SEGA has the abilty to make a good Pstar sequal without screwing it up with 3D garbage and long FMV cutsceens.

a (community) fan game would be preferable.
ThugsRook
Explorer
Explorer

Achievements: 15

Postby Flames of Yagami » Sat Aug 21, '10, 6:43 am

If they ever did psv, what would it even be about? since iv perfectly tied up lots of loose ends, one of the only stories I can think of is that Stinkmeaner from the Boondocks somehow winds up on Motavia, I don't know what he'd do, possibly steal Hahn and Saya's wedding cake and get his head chopped off by Huey Freeman (who's being possessed by Alis?)
Flames of Yagami
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 212

Postby Tanith » Sat Aug 21, '10, 12:31 pm

SegaVsCapcomVsSNK wrote:...since iv perfectly tied up lots of loose ends...
Eh, I don't know about that. Is evil ever truly defeated? I honestly don't think it would be that hard to introduce a new threat to Algol. Also, what about all the technology left over on Motavia that no one seems to know how to use? That's bound to cause problems. I just can't get over how their technology can survive for centuries being run automatically, but the people have completely abandoned it. The citizens of Motavia are morons. Couldn't they adapt the technology over time to suit their environment? "OMG NO LET'S JUST MAKE SANDWORM RANCHES LOL MY WIFE IS SO LAZY AND OUR DOG IS MISSING."

My only request, should Sega ever revisit a PS in Algol, is for the love of all that is good, NO TIE-INS to the later PS games. I have nothing against PSO etc, but I cannot STAND loophole, tie-in continuity in my sci-fi. No time warps, no alternate universes or realities, and no "it was all a dream." Just please, keep them separate.

If there was a PSV, I'd personally like it to be available for several systems. We own a PS3 and a Wii. If it was made exclusively for Xbox I'd miss out. I'm not buying a third system.
Tanith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 204

Postby Rick » Sat Aug 21, '10, 3:47 pm

Hm.. With PS V..

You would probably see the repair of towns and modernizing them to the point of efficiency. Zelan and Kuran would get more power and those control tower structures in PS 2 towns would be reimplemented.

Plate System would be repaired and a new climatrol system installed. Birth Valley would be reopened (Since SEEDs sacrifice did nothing. Biomonsters still infest and such..)) and used to grow a new type of plant that would make food more abundant.

Eventually someone would get ahold of the remains of one of the Dark creatures and possibly begin cloning or making a army to control all of Mota and Zelan/Kuran.

The Descendants of Rika and Chaz would aid in the survival of the Palman people on Mota and possibly use the Hunters Guild to maintain law and order.

Someone would get the idea to erase the Motavians again and there would be conflict. Half Newmans would be disliked by some older Palmans and there would possibly be a conflict there.

Dezo would be colonized by more Palmans and Raja would extend welcom and the Palmans and Dezorians will integrate to make a new society. The weapons plant will be used to manufacture machines to aid in construction and modernizing Dezo.

Basically I see MOTA becoming exactly like it is in PS 2 minus mother brain. Mota really wasn't liveable until the repairs and altering by the Earthmen.

Hey, Phantasy Star Zero is a direct sequel to Phantasy Star Online so maybe something could work.
Rick
Android
Android

Achievements: 49

Postby SirJason » Sat Aug 21, '10, 4:23 pm

Hmmm . . . that sounds interesting having the descendants of Rika & Chaz (and whatever generation Lutz would be present at that time) being the main characters.

And what of Elsydeon and/or the Nei weapons?
SirJason
Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Achievements: 16

Postby Flames of Yagami » Sat Aug 21, '10, 4:47 pm

Tanith wrote:
SegaVsCapcomVsSNK wrote:...since iv perfectly tied up lots of loose ends...
Eh, I don't know about that. Is evil ever truly defeated? I honestly don't think it would be that hard to introduce a new threat to Algo.

True, it would be impossible for evil to be nonexistent, something other than Dark Force would be quite interesting though.
Flames of Yagami
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 212

Postby hugues » Sat Aug 21, '10, 6:32 pm

I'd like to see a WiiWare title along the lines of Final Fantasy IV: The College Years (or whatever it's called). Gotta be something that retains the 16-bit look and feel.

If they chose to create a sequel in a more modern style then I'd prefer DS or PSP.

Either way, it would be hard to come up with a plot that fit with the previous installments given that PSIV wrapped things up so nicely. Not saying it's impossible, just that it would be difficult to get right.
hugues
Android
Android

Achievements: 32

Next

Return to Classic Series