Thankfully there was never an American Phantasy Star cartoon

Discuss the saga of Algo, where the legend began.

Thankfully there was never an American Phantasy Star cartoon

Postby Flames of Yagami » Sun Aug 22, '10, 1:02 am

Aren't you guys glad that PS was never adapted into another cheesy American cartoon based on a video game? Sure there were a few good ones, but most of them were mediocre at best (that Darkstalkers show ring a bell?)

I'd still like to see a PS anime though.
Last edited by Flames of Yagami on Sun Aug 22, '10, 1:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Flames of Yagami
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 212

Re: Thankfully there was never an American Phantasy Star car

Postby Thoul » Sun Aug 22, '10, 7:23 pm

I would have liked to see a US style cartoon back when I was a kid. In retrospect now, I am glad it didn't get the horrible adaptation treatment that some shows contained. A good adaptation would still be nice - there are some great cartoon series that demonstrate the kind of style and context that would work for a PS game.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Aeroprism » Sun Aug 22, '10, 11:34 pm

A bit of trivia: twice in my life I dreamed someone talented had adapted PS2 into a full bloom animated movie. Those were probably among the best dreams of my life.

It's never gonna happen though, and that's sad.
Aeroprism
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 95

Postby Tanith » Mon Aug 23, '10, 4:01 am

I want a PS2 movie SO BAD. It'll never happen, so I'll continue to amuse myself by writing fanfic. The other games in the series are great, but I don't crave a related movie or series the way I do PS2.
Tanith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 204

Postby xellos667 » Mon Aug 23, '10, 4:54 pm

Sonic SatAM was actually a good '90 american adaptation of a Sega franchise that I love to watch, even as an adult (I have the DVD boxset). It's the kind of good cartoon for kid you will never see anymore those days, where everything seems to be soul-less cartoon with no great thought behind it

So, imagine if the Phantasy Star franchise have fallen in the right american hands, back in the days, it could have made a great show. Phantasy Star II is really just asking for an episodic series. I mean, there's 4 or 5 big event in the entire game, so you could put a lot of filler episodes developping the characters in-between those big events
xellos667
Android
Android

Achievements: 43

Postby Flames of Yagami » Mon Aug 23, '10, 11:22 pm

xellos667 wrote:Sonic SatAM was actually a good '90 american adaptation of a Sega franchise that I love to watch, even as an adult (I have the DVD boxset). It's the kind of good cartoon for kid you will never see anymore those days, where everything seems to be soul-less cartoon with no great thought behind it

So, imagine if the Phantasy Star franchise have fallen in the right american hands, back in the days, it could have made a great show. Phantasy Star II is really just asking for an episodic series. I mean, there's 4 or 5 big event in the entire game, so you could put a lot of filler episodes developping the characters in-between those big events

I love SatAM and have the boxset as well (darn shame that there wasn't a 3rd season). I also have two boxsets of AoStH, it's pretty good too IMHO and it's WAY better than the horrible 4-Kids dub of Sonic X.

Anyway, if they could make a US Phantasy Star show as good as SatAM, it'd be EPIC.
Flames of Yagami
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 212

Return to Classic Series