Terrible Bushfire in Victoria

General discussion of subjects beyond the scope of the other forums.

Terrible Bushfire in Victoria

Postby Lucas » Mon Feb 9, '09, 8:39 am

This past weekend for Australia was quite a tragic one. It was in Victoria (One of our states encase you did not know) it was a very hot and windy day for them (and a rainy day for me). So somebody decided it would be fun to start a bushfire. Then then the wind carried the ashes from the bush into the town and because it was around 40 + degrees hot it started more fires. People had no chance of escape as it happend so fast the fire ended up ripping right through the whole town destryoing around 750 houses and buildings. It also killed 131 people and police still expect to find more bodies. Who ever started this fire needs capital punishment seriously. It's bloody terrible... :( I feel very sorry for all the families who have lost loved ones and now have no homes or cars.

"It's always fun to kill a god." ~ Akuma (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
Lucas
Protector
Protector

Achievements: 175

Postby Wolf Bird » Mon Feb 9, '09, 4:24 pm

This fire actually made the front page on the New York Times today, which I picked up before class but after reading this post. There's a picture there and the story's on page 8. But the fire looks awful. :( It's amazing how dumb people can be. I hear about fires a lot as well just about every summer because there's always wildfires in the western U.S., and some of them are started just like this (while others are started by natural causes, which is fine because wildfires are actually pretty important to the western forest cycle). It irritates me that people can be so stupid/heartless. :blank: I feel pretty sorry for the victims who lost anything here, and I hope they can find whoever started the fire.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Darkil » Mon Feb 9, '09, 8:31 pm

I'm sorry to hear about those that lost family and homes. I do hope that whomever started this does get the appropriate punishment that goes along with this act.
Shhh my common sense is tingling
Darkil
Dezorian
Dezorian

Achievements: 54

Postby Thoul » Mon Feb 9, '09, 10:26 pm

I heard something about that on the TV news briefly yesterday. It's a horrible situation. I feel for those that lost friends and family in this. People that intentionally start fires like this definitely need some severe punishment. I'm not sure how often these people are actually caught by the authorities, though.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Tue Feb 10, '09, 3:15 am

Lucas, I'm glad you are okay in your area. I heard about the fire on the news this morning and it sounds and looks terrible from the pictures they showed. So sad that all those people lost their lives and homes. :cry:

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Lucas » Tue Feb 10, '09, 8:41 am

I just seriously hope they find the person or persons responsible for this mass murder.

"It's always fun to kill a god." ~ Akuma (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
Lucas
Protector
Protector

Achievements: 175

Return to Casual Conversation