Terminator: Dark Fate

Chat about your latest viewings of the big screen movies.

Terminator: Dark Fate

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Wed Aug 1, '18, 9:38 pm

The new "Terminator" movie still does not have a name yet, however the article below gives a look of actress Linda Hamilton (the original Sarah Conner) and some others in the upcoming movie. It will be glad to see Hamilton and her character back in the Terminator saga.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/news/te ... cid=AARDHP

Updated: 1/28/2020: Updated the topic of this thread to show the chosen name of the movie which is "Terminator: Dark Fate".
Last edited by Silver_Surfer1 on Wed Jan 29, '20, 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Good Friday ~ March 29, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Re: New Terminator movie with Linda Hamilton

Postby myau56 » Thu Aug 2, '18, 12:35 pm

It's great news ! Even if the movie hasn't got a name yet, I'm eager to have some more news about it ! And the fact that Linda Hamilton is back is so great ! :fiery: :clap:
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Fri May 24, '19, 3:12 am

New trailer is out for the upcoming terminator movie, and the movie now has a name. It will be called " Terminator: Dark Fate". The Trailer looks good and Linda Hamilton looks fantastic!!!

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/mov ... 203899001/

Silver_Surfer1

Postby jessie » Sat May 25, '19, 3:52 am

I might actually go see this one. It looks head and shoulders above the last one.
All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.
ImageImage
ImageImage
jessie
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 39

Postby myau56 » Sun May 26, '19, 1:01 pm

Great Trailer ! :fiery: :clap: I'm eager to watch it ! :)
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Re: Terminator: Dark Fate

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Wed Jan 29, '20, 1:09 am

"Terminator: Dark Fate" was released on Blue Ray/ DVD today Tuesday 1/28/2020. Looking forward to getting my copy asap and finally watching the movie.

Silver_Surfer1

Postby Thoul » Fri Mar 20, '20, 12:14 am

This movie... well, it was okay. Better than the last couple of Terminator movies, but not up there with the quality of the first pair. I didn't like how they treated a couple of characters, but once you get past that it's enjoyable.

John Connor was just discarded way too easily, and the Terminator's personality change seemed like a plothole... but meh, aside from that I liked it.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby myau56 » Fri Mar 20, '20, 12:28 pm

The film was a great one ! For me at last ! ...:)
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Thu Aug 13, '20, 7:15 pm

Finally got around to watching my DVD copy of this movie "Terminator: Dark Fate".

Well, overall I enjoyed the movie, however, I thought it was totally wrong of them to kill off the John Conner character as we were totally invested in him as the leader and survivor in the future. It made no sense at all except for the fact they probably wanted to go a different route with another character taking over in his place. It also pretty well did poor homage to the previous "Terminator" films, I thought. And having the terminator (arnold) kill John was way below low, I think!.

On the other hand it was terrific to see Sarah Conner (actress Linda Hamilton) back. She has been sorely missed in the other films. She can really kick it where it needs to be kicked, lol. Perhaps we will see her again in any future movies. Older but still beautiful and smart.

Good to see Arnold back as the terminator also. I don't know if he will be back for any future movies as he said in the movie "I won't be back!", instead of his usual "I'll be back". Any future movies won't be as good without him either. He "is" the terminator.

The new lady terminator was good but she looked to small and weak to actually beat up another terminator. The new guy terminator was a pain in the "you know where" and I was glad when he was finally destroyed.

The new hero girl was okay but very naive. There may be stories there with her, but again, I think viewers were more invested with John Conner.

Silver_Surfer1

Return to Feature Films