Terminator 5

Chat about your latest viewings of the big screen movies.

Re: Terminator 5

Postby Thoul » Tue Apr 10, '12, 6:34 am

If they had any scenes like that, I would fully expect the use of a body double with Arnold's head digitally grafted onto a younger guy's torso. Not that I don't agree that he would need some time to get back into the shape, mind you. But for stuff like that or any stunts, I doubt Arnold will be the body used.

I like the idea of bringing back Sarah Conner to the films. Her absence was sorely felt in Terminator 3. But, looking at that article you mentioned, Silver, I saw that it was dated in 2010. I think the franchise has changed hands a couple of times since then, so I'm not sure those script plans will ever see fruition. That's a shame, because they sound like some really fun ideas.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby myau56 » Tue Apr 10, '12, 10:00 am

The "then and now" pictures is truly impressive !!!!! 64 years old : there is no miracle.
Last edited by myau56 on Tue Apr 10, '12, 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Thu Dec 5, '13, 9:01 am

A little news bit on the upcoming "Terminator" movie. It seems they are narrowing down the search for an actress to play the role of Sarah Conner:

http://movies.yahoo.com/news/terminator ... 38189.html

Any one familiar with either of these actresses or their film work? I don't think I have seen them before in anything or if I have I can't recall it right now.

Good to hear that they may also be bringing back the characters of Kyle Reese and John Conner as well. I don't know if they can be any better than the original characters (actors) in the original past movies though. This makes me want to watch the old movies again and enjoy them though.

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby myau56 » Thu Dec 26, '13, 9:04 pm

Hope we'll hear some news from it soon, as Terminator is one of my favourite movie serie :)
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Sat Mar 29, '14, 6:00 pm

Actor has been chosen for the role of Kyle Reese:

https://movies.yahoo.com/news/jai-court ... 08147.html

Should be interesting.

Silver_Surfer1

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Wed Aug 6, '14, 10:17 pm

The new Terminator movie has a new name. It will be called "Terminator Genisys":

http://www.purplerevolver.com/movies/mo ... nisys.html

I can hardly wait to see this one when it comes out probably sometime in 2015. I love the Terminator films.

Silver_Surfer1

Postby Thoul » Wed Aug 6, '14, 10:34 pm

Genisys? That's corny, but certainly not the worse ever attempt to apply a sci-fi "feel" to a regular word. At least it will stand out in the movie listings.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Sat Jun 20, '15, 11:33 pm

Take a look at what Arnold was doing at a wax museum, and other places, dressed as "The Terminator":

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/arnold-sch ... 28837.html

Golly, that would absolute scare me half to death, lol. It was all done for a good cause and charity though, and it looks like everyone had a lot of fun with it.

Silver_Surfer1

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Fri Jul 31, '15, 11:40 pm

Well, from all the reviews I have read of this movie so far, it did not seem to do as well as expected leaving some thought of whether there may be any future "Terminator" movies at this time, or not.

Has anyone seen this movie, and if so, what did you think of the movie? Do you think they should continue on with the movies or just let them die off?

And, I read that yesterday, July 30, was Arnold's 68th birthday, I think it was. So Happy Birthday to the one and only Terminator!! If the past is any predictor, "he'll be back" as Terminator again, I think!

Silver_Surfer1

Postby Snorb » Sat Aug 1, '15, 6:12 pm

I'll be honest, there's only one Terminator movie worth watching (the second one. The good one.) Genisys just seems like it wants to be either a sequel and a reboot at the same time.

On the other hand, Arnold played the Terminator from the first movie as well as Pops (the aged Terminator), so I think he's the first person in movie history to fight himself. (William Shatner's fight from Star Trek VI doesn't count; it was Shatner vs. stunt double.)
Read my social stuff!
The ramblings of an oldish geezer on Facebook.
@SnorbESnorb on Twitter. The "E" stands for "Everything."

Play my games!
The ArrrPG - A game I made about being a pirate. This be a first draft, matey! Though it plays just fine, clap yer eyes on th' eventual Revised an' Expanded Edition and you'll be pleased, by thunder!

Nakama: A Card Game of Magical Girls - A completely un-playtested card game about being a magical girl.

Well, excuse me while I defy all laws of logic and common sense and do it anyway.
Snorb

Achievements: 124

PreviousNext

Return to Feature Films