Telsa Battery

Whether it's new discoveries or explorations of the world, if it's science and not about games, talk about it here.

Telsa Battery

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Thu Apr 30, '15, 4:08 am

When I first saw this article below about the Telsa Battery I got really excited because I would love to do away with our electric bills, ha ha. However, on further reading of the article and finding that one might need solar panels in order for this to work efficiently I realized that this may only be for a select few who can afford that. And, it looks like there is still payment of some kind involved too so boo hoo. Still, this seems to be a pretty good deal environmentally speaking.

What does everyone think?

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companie ... cid=AARDHP
Good Friday ~ March 29, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Re: Telsa Battery

Postby Wolf Bird » Thu Apr 30, '15, 1:46 pm

As with any technology, it always starts off prohibitively expensive for most consumers, but given time, the price basically always plummets. So I think give it a few years, and these batteries and solar panels (for those who have homes with proper orientation) could become a staple. More cities and states are incentivizing home solar and renewables, and honestly, the biggest obstacle to a new energy system are the utilities that we'll have to drag kicking and screaming into the future and off an old, outdated business model and mode of energy distribution.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Return to Science Symposium