Working on a new RPG

Discussing all the gaming matters not covered in the other forums.

Working on a new RPG

Postby Celeith » Mon Aug 3, '09, 5:51 am

Yes it is I Kaloes here in the Gaming Greats section and I am ready to start bragging about my new project. The program I am using is RPGMaker 3 for the PS2. Now for those of you who may or may not know RPGMaker is a tool that allows you to create your very own RPG right from your home. The reason I am using RPGMaker 3 is so that I can make a old school RPG much like the old Dragon Quest/Warrior games or even the early Phantasy Stars. The other reason is its complete 3D world I can create, as well as a PSIII-like item system where the characters can only hold a certain amount of items in their own individual pouches instead of a huge inventory. I'll give you guys a quick briefing on my game without trying to spoil much of the story.

The story takes place on Eluria, a planet created by the Goddess Lucretia.
The main character, Celeith leaves her home after her elder sister is
slain by monsters that recently appeared when the "Tower" appeared on the planet. Leaving her home she crosses the Zobi fields and arrives at Zobi, where a group from the kingdom of Alekia is --------------

And that is all my friends. I hope you all enjoyed this little tidbit about my game.

Although I have the storyline completely written out for my game feel free to throw some ideas out there, you never know. Your idea may be included in my game and there may even be a special cameo sequence involving you. If you feel like you wanna be involved feel free to post here or if you don't want your idea's stolen send them to
me by either a message on the board or to my personal email.
Cele~Chan Streaming
Saturday at 8pm cst and Sunday at 6pm cst.
The Subscribe button is just a click away.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

Re: Working on a new RPG

Postby Thoul » Tue Aug 4, '09, 3:11 am

For people to play this, do they have to own the same version of RPG Maker? It sounds like a pretty interesting idea, but I have no idea how the RPG maker stuff works in that respect.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Re: Working on a new RPG

Postby Atlinsmere » Tue Aug 4, '09, 9:55 am

Thoul wrote:For people to play this, do they have to own the same version of RPG Maker? It sounds like a pretty interesting idea, but I have no idea how the RPG maker stuff works in that respect.

I've personally only used the PC versions, so I don't know what to tell you there Thoul. But I am curious as well.
A simple text based signature? That's impossible!
Atlinsmere

Achievements: 392

Return to General Gaming