Tainted by Evil • Phantasy Star: Fringes of Algo

Tainted by Evil

Fan written stories based on Phantasy Star III.

Re: Tainted by Evil

Postby tilinelson2 » Thu Mar 10, '11, 12:32 am

The Evil Seeks Power

"Wake up!"
The girl woke up startled. The day was dawning, as the first rays of the morning sun invaded the bedroom through the window shutters. The girl was feeling a terrible headache and there was a strange oppressive feeling inside her chest. She left her bed and started getting ready for the day. "I think I'm sick..."
While the girl was bathing herself, her head swoon. She almost passed out. "It is time to start working. You and me will rule this world together!"
"Oh, no, not again..."
"You are powerless. You are in my hands now."
"I thought that was just a bad nightmare..."
"You are under my control!"
The girl slapped her own cheeks with strength enough to cause a good deal of pain. "Ouch!"
"Your mind is mine now."
"You are scaring me! Who are you?" The girl was rubbing her cheeks.
"I'm the owner of your body and soul. It is useless to fight against me. You are just a vessel for me. You will end destroyed if you dare to fight against me."

"Leave me alone! Please!"
"No, it is time to act. You must be the ruler of this kingdom by the end of the day."
"Ruler of this kingdom? That is impossible."
"That is possible and you know how."
"No! No!" The cyan-haired girl started crawling out of the bathtub. She tried to resist the force that made her get out of the bathtub against her own will, but she only ended hurting her limbs by hitting them on the bathtub, floor and walls. She crawled back to her bedroom, feeling a terrible headache. "Stop! Stop! Leave me!" Tears started flowing from her eyes. She was unable to control her movements. She had broke down in tears, but was mechanically dressing herself. She could hear an evil laughter inside her head. "Please, leave me alone! Why did you choose me? What have I done? Oh, Laya, help me!" The laughter didn't stop.

As she was almost ready to leave her room, she heard a light knock on the door.

"Princess, are you awake?" The woman's voice outside was shy.
"Yes." The princess' awswer was dry.
"Dear princess, will you have your breakfast here or downstairs with your dad?"
The princess didn't answer.
"Princess?"

The door was opened violently by the princess. She just grunted at the middle-aged servant, who was trying to smile at her and left her room. The middle-aged servant was confused by the princess' reaction as she was always so sweet. She scratched her silvery hair. "What has happened with this girl? I've never seen her act that way. Well, it must be one of those womanly things..."

The princess was already at the dining hall, seated by the table. The king arrived a short time after her and greeted her daughter warmly.

"My dear! I love when you come to have breakfast downstairs. I love your company. How are you feeling today, my dear?"
"Bad." The princess answered dryly.
"Please! Stop! Dad! Dad! Help me! I don't know what is happening to me! I love you papa! Help me!"
"Shut up! Take a look to your dad. He will be dead before the sunset."
"No! I won't let you do that!"

The princess' head swoon again. She fainted, falling from the chair she was seated in. The king rushed towards his daughter.

"My dear, what happened? Are you ok?"
The princess, who was just recovering her senses, felt herself free from the strange entity spell. "Oh, dad... I'm not... feeling well..."
The princess seemed to fall into a trance again. His father started shaking her weak body. "Dear, are you listening to me?"
The princess opened her eyes. "I'm feeling better."
"Don't you want me to take your to the hospital?" The king helped the princess to sit on the floor.
"No, no, I'm already feeling better." Her tone looked unnatural again. She started crawling up to the chair.
"Are you sure?" The king countenance showed genuine worry.
"Yes, just leave me quiet for some time." The princess tried to smile, but was prevented by a strange force. She was feeling under the strange entity's spell again.
"Oh, well..." The king was feeling sad, but respected her daughter will.

The breakfast was uneventful. At least it is what it looked like to the king and the servants. The princess was fighting against the evil entity inside her head. She grinned at the sight of a long knife. She kept staring at the knife and at her father during the whole breakfast. "Kill him! Kill him! Kill him!" The evil entity's voice echoed inside the princess head, making her feel desperate. "Leave me alone! Leave me alone! Laya, help me!".

After the breakfast, the princess left without saying a word. The evil entity took her straight to a large weapon cabinet in one of the many palace halls, which displayed some swords and spears. The princess tried to open the cabinet, but there was a large lock preventing its door from being opened. The princess started shaking the cabinet like mad. "Get a sword and kill your father! You must do it now! Now!" The princess kept shaking the cabinet, attracting the attention of the servants. The servants were scared by the princess' behavior and went after the king, seeking help. As the king arrived, he was shocked by the behavior of his daughter.

"What do you want, my love?" The king touched the princess' shoulder lightly
"Eek!" The princess shrieked at the touch of her father's hand.
"Dear?" The king was really scared.
"Damn!" The princess released the cabinet and walked away.
"Marlena! Come back!" The king was shaking his arms in despair. "What has happened to my daughter?" He bowed his head in frustration and worry.

"Stop! I'll never kill my father! Stop doing that to me!"
"You will kill him, that is not under discussion. You will be the queen and we will rule this kingdom together."
"Leave me! I'll not rule anything! I'd rather die than let that happen!"
"You can't fight against me!"

Against her own will, the princess dragged herself to the kitchen. Her soul was fighting the evil influence, but she could feel the evil entity overpowering her. Though she was not physically crying, her soul was crying out all her anguish and pain. "I've always tried to be a good girl and now that. I can't believe that this is happening to me. Why me? Oh Laya, help me!"
"Laya couldn't save herself. She will not be able to save you."
"Leave me, please!"
"Why do you fight me? Help me and you will have all the world under your feet."
"No! I'll never help you with your filthy plans! I'll never do anything evil! You've chosen the wrong person! Leave me alone, please!"

"You are the perfect person, Layan princess..."

The princess reached the kitchen. Her presence was unusual at the kitchen, so the servants were a bit worried at first, but as the princess didn't say a word, they resumed their work. The princess seemed to be looking for something. She examined the cabinets, shelves, but didn't find what she was looking for.

"Damn! Isn't there a knife here? A good knife?"
"Knife?"
"Yes, a knife, stupid girl! To kill your dad!"
"Please..."
"You must kill your dad and you will kill your dad!"
"Leave me..."

The princess entered the storage room. There were many kitchen hardware scattered all around. She didn't want to enter the storage room because she knew she would find the knife the evil entity was looking for, but as much as she tried, she was powerless to stop the evil entity. The evil entity had control of almost all her body. The evil entity rejoiced when she found a large knife, sharp enough to kill a man with one stab at the heart. The princess grinned, but her soul was crying. She was desperate. She couldn't believe something like that was happening to her. And the worst was to think that she was unable to stop that evil force.

The princess left the storage room with a big knife on her hands. Though one or two of the servants saw the princess walking through the kitchen with the large knife on her hand, her sweet and innocent air made them comfortable with the sight. They were sure she wanted the knife for something trivial and not dangerous at all.

"Let's kill your father now! Once you taste the sweet taste of blood, you will be yearning for more. Together, we will shed blood enough to paint the seas red!"

"You are sick, your evilness is disgusting! I'll not do that. I'd rather die than to do what you have in your evil mind."

"Don't worry, after I use you, I'll make your dying wish come true."
"Gaahhhh! Why do you take pleasure in torturing myself? Who are you?"
"I'm the source of all evil! I'm the pure expression of evil! No one can stop me! Surrender now!"
"Never! Never!"

The princess hesitantly advanced towards her father's office, where she knew he would be. The princess struggled against the evil entity, trying to regain the control of her body, but she was successful for short instants only, slowing her advance towards the evil entity's destination. The evil entity overpowered her and kept dragging her towards her father.

"You will kill him now! Now, stupid girl! Do you understand? Now!"
"No! I won't do it! Never! I'll kill myself before that happens!" The princess' soul felt a deep sorrow.
"You are powerless! And even if you commit suicide, it won't be long till I possess someone else's body. You are powerless to stop me. You can only choose between helping me achieving my goals or watching me destroy your world and the entire universe afterwards. Your soul will end being dragged into the chaos. You are doomed to live your eternity inside the evil. Your soul will be tortured every day. And I'll take pleasure in specially torturing you for disobeying me."

"There must be a way out! Laya, help me!"
"There is no way out. Either you surrender and I'll treat you well or you try to fight me and you will be doomed to the eternal pain."

"Ahhhhh!"

The princess released a loud scream of pain. She had her left hand squeezing the blade of the long knife. The pain made her release the knife, which fell on the floor. The evil entity was surprised by the princess' reaction and lost the control of her for some moments. The princess ran like mad, with her hand dripping blood.

The king was startled by scream. He knew the scream was her daughter's. He immediately left the documents he was reading and ran to the door. He opened the door and saw the bloodied knife and the drops of blood forming a trail. He became desperate and called his guards to help him to find the princess. He feared someone had kidnapped her.

Meanwhile, the princess had a short lead. She left the palace through the back door and started running through the streets. Though she attracted the attention of some passersby, they didn't care too much about the scene, though they knew she was the princess. The princess took a path by the castle walls, which was usually deserted. The princess moved quickly towards the castle gates. Her bloodied hand started dripping less blood as the blood started coagulating, so the blood trail was now almost invisible.

The princess reached the castle gates. There were just two guards by the castle gates. They were chatting. The princess sneaked out of castle without being seem by the lazy guards. She resumed running through the plains, in direction of the woods.

After some minutes, the guards were surprised confused by the sudden presence of the king and his guards. The king was furious. He asked the guards whether they have seen the princess of not. Both guards denied.

"Fools! If I discover that someone has kidnapped my daughter and successfully left the castle, you two will be thrown in the dungeon." The kings eyes were on fire and his movements showed he would do what he said.
"Oh... we... are sure... my lord..." The guards were trembling with fear.
"Well, if my daughter has not left the castle, we will find her sooner or later. Let's start looking for her. I don't want any corner of this whole city left unchecked. She must be somewhere. She is hurt. She must be found!"

The search was futile. For many days, guards and volunteers looked for the princess in every corner of the town, but they didn't find her. They looked for her even in the most stupid places, but she was nowhere to be found. The king started suspecting she had left the castle, but after some days of absence, it would be impossible to track her down. The king, then, put the city under martial law and mourned the loss of his daughter. Though he had lost his hopes, he secretly set up a small detachment to try to find the princess wherever she was. He was almost sure she had been kidnapped and he grieved to think she could have been taken into captivity, raped or even murdered. The testimony of some citizens, though, contradicted his views, as they stated they have seen a girl running through the streets alone. Confused, they king spent his nights awake, grieving. "Oh, my beloved! Why did you do that to your father?"

As for the princess, as soon as she had left the castle, she hid herself in the woods. She was feeling weak by the blood loss and tired for running. She sat on the grass, crying. She could still feel the evil presence inside her, the same oppressive feeling inside her chest.

"Damn! Witch! What have you done? You ruined everything!"
"I can't... I just can't... kill my father..."
"So I'll have to kill you, your useless witch!"
"I... don't... care..."

The princess started feeling a sharp pain on her chest, as if she was suffering a cardiac arrest. Breathing became difficult and the princess was almost passing out. She realized the evil force was trying to kill her, but she preferred to die than to kill someone else. "Oh, Laya, if there is a way, save me from this evil force. If there is not, well, at least I have abode to your laws..."

The pain suddenly was gone. The princess regained her senses. She sighed in relief. For a moment she believed the evil presence had disappeared, but soon she noticed that it was not the case. The evil entity was laughing inside her head. "I have a plan for you. You still can help me. We will be traveling. Just come with me."

The strength of the evil entity started dragging the princess through the forest, against her will. The princess felt despair again. "Oh, Laya, help me! Help me! Do not forsake this poor daughter of yours! Don't let me be the vehicle for all this evil! Help me!" The evil entity laughed at the princess' despair. Her prayers went unanswered.
tilinelson2
Reviews

PreviousNext

Return to Phantasy Star III