"Supermoon" total lunar eclipse

Whether it's new discoveries or explorations of the world, if it's science and not about games, talk about it here.

"Supermoon" total lunar eclipse

Postby Wolf Bird » Sat Sep 26, '15, 6:07 pm

There is another total lunar eclipse coming tomorrow night, and it will be viewable (assuming clear skies) in the western hemisphere and much of Europe and Africa.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/artic ... o-see-it1/

It's being called a "supermoon" lunar eclipse because the full moon will be at the perigee (closest point to Earth) of its orbit, making it appear slightly larger than usual in the sky. It is supposed to begin at 8:11 pm EST, entering total eclipse at 9:07 pm. As eastern MA is supposed to clear to partly cloudy skies, I'm intending to spend time outside tomorrow to observe. As it's a lunar eclipse, you don't need any special gear to safely look.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Re: "Supermoon" total lunar eclipse

Postby Atlinsmere » Mon Sep 28, '15, 7:44 am

I saw it tonight. It looked pretty cool. Usually when stuff like this happens it's cloudy where I live so I miss out on a lot. So glad we clear skies tonight.
A simple text based signature? That's impossible!
Atlinsmere

Achievements: 392

Re: "Supermoon" total lunar eclipse

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Tue Sep 29, '15, 3:50 am

I have seen some pictures of it online and it looked awesome! We were not able to see it where I live due to the cloudy/rainy weather.
Happy St. Patrick's Day ~ March 17, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Return to Science Symposium