Deadpool

Chat about your latest viewings of the big screen movies.

Deadpool

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Wed Feb 17, '16, 3:22 am

Has anyone seen the "Deadpool" movie?

What do you think of this movie?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/movi ... /80475074/
Good Friday ~ March 29, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Re: Deadpool

Postby Icecypher » Wed Feb 17, '16, 4:04 pm

I liked it, but...

I went in expecting Deadpool to go all out with the 4th wall breaking.

I am used to him knowing he is in video games, talking to the player, using and altering the mechanics of the game to suit him, even using the health bar to hit the other characters or hacking the code to get advantages.

In the movie there are so few times he actually talks to the viewer. And I mean real talking, looking at the camera and that. Not internal monologues where he addresses the audience. Films like Zombieland do that and it still does not count as real 4th wall breaking.

He interacts with the camera twice (and one of those times, it might simply have been a car's window).

So it ended up being a more straight up comedy (like Guardians of the Galaxy) than a complete irreverent event where the star of the film brought the audience along for the adventure.

I was ready for a movie that did not take itself seriously, but found out it did, at times. So it felt at times DP was just crazy enough to do all that stuff so he would not go completely crazy. Even when he says he is talking to us, not to the characters, it feels to me as if he could just be crazy *inside* the movie's world, instead of actually coming out to ours. Of course, that would be an explanation for the people inside the fiction (mind snapped because of the pain), but it makes me feel they just fell short.

I was actually expecting him to break the screen and come to a cinema theater, then go back in. Perhaps to escape from some danger. Something that perhaps Bugs Bunny would be allowed to do, but they did not let DP do in his film. Would people think that would be going too far? Is that why they did not do it?
ImageImageImageImage
Phantasy Star fan art
deviantART - Blogspot
Icecypher
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Achievements: 63

Postby Snorb » Thu Feb 18, '16, 12:00 am

I only knew Deadpool from his appearance in Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2, where his low health quotes included (and I'm serious about these) "Deadpool needs health badly!!" and "Hey, save some of those red orbs for me!" So my experience was a little limited when it comes to the Merc With the Mouth. (Well, MUA2 and reading the trade paperback "Deadpool: Dead Presidents"...)

Holy schamoly, what the hell did I watch Saturday.

Yes, I liked the movie. It had Morena Baccarin nearly naked, it had a lot of great laughs, it had the most honest opening credits in movie history, and it had a great story.
Read my social stuff!
The ramblings of an oldish geezer on Facebook.
@SnorbESnorb on Twitter. The "E" stands for "Everything."

Play my games!
The ArrrPG - A game I made about being a pirate. This be a first draft, matey! Though it plays just fine, clap yer eyes on th' eventual Revised an' Expanded Edition and you'll be pleased, by thunder!

Nakama: A Card Game of Magical Girls - A completely un-playtested card game about being a magical girl.

Well, excuse me while I defy all laws of logic and common sense and do it anyway.
Snorb

Achievements: 124

Postby Icecypher » Mon Feb 22, '16, 7:02 pm

"Nearly"?
ImageImageImageImage
Phantasy Star fan art
deviantART - Blogspot
Icecypher
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Achievements: 63

Postby Snorb » Mon Feb 22, '16, 9:21 pm

The important bits were covered with her hands! =p
Read my social stuff!
The ramblings of an oldish geezer on Facebook.
@SnorbESnorb on Twitter. The "E" stands for "Everything."

Play my games!
The ArrrPG - A game I made about being a pirate. This be a first draft, matey! Though it plays just fine, clap yer eyes on th' eventual Revised an' Expanded Edition and you'll be pleased, by thunder!

Nakama: A Card Game of Magical Girls - A completely un-playtested card game about being a magical girl.

Well, excuse me while I defy all laws of logic and common sense and do it anyway.
Snorb

Achievements: 124

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Mon Aug 14, '17, 11:56 pm

Sad news as it looks like a stuntwoman has died on the set of the "Deadpool 2" movie:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/news/de ... cid=AARDHP

Condolences to her family. :tombstone: :rose:

I just realized that I do not think I have watched the first "Deadpool" movie as yet. I believe we have it on DVD so I'm going to try and watch it soon, especially if they are already filming a sequel.

Silver_Surfer1

Postby myau56 » Fri Aug 18, '17, 11:41 am

I've heard about it and this is so sad :( Condolences to her family. :rose: :tombstone:
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Sun May 20, '18, 10:30 pm

"Deadpool 2" is out in theaters now and seems to be doing very well with a record breaking weekend opening, I read.

Anyone seen this movie yet, or plan on seeing it?

Silver_Surfer1

Postby Wolf Bird » Mon May 21, '18, 5:05 pm

My boyfriend saw it over the weekend, but I didn't go with. I've been sick since Wednesday and only now do I think I'm starting to feel a bit better (can I go 24 hours without a fever? I hope...)

Anyway, I'm not a big Deadpool fan. That style of humor very quickly wears out its welcome for me, and overall, I find the character overly obnoxious and also just plain overpowered to the point of dullness. I know its written that way intentionally, but that doesn't mean I have to like it. :-p
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Return to Feature Films