Superman: Man Of Steel

Chat about your latest viewings of the big screen movies.

Superman: Man Of Steel

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Fri Jun 17, '11, 2:04 am

Actor Russell Crowe has signed on to play the role of Superman's Kryptonian Father, Jor El, in the new upcoming movie, "Superman: Man Of Steel".

http://www.holymoly.com/celebrity-news/ ... steel57322

The part of Jor El has been previously played by actor Marlon Brando in some of the other Superman movies which starred actor Christopher Reeve as Superman.

According to the article it also looks like actor Kevin Costner has signed on to play Jonathan Kent, the earthly Father of Clark Kent.

This movie is beginning to sound more and more interesting. :yes:

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Re: Superman: Man Of Steel

Postby Thoul » Sun Jun 19, '11, 1:49 am

Hm, a lot of big name stars in the supporting cast. Hopefully they'll do well in these roles, and the leads will do equally well.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Thoul » Thu Aug 4, '11, 6:47 pm

The first picture of Cavill in costume has been released now:
http://dcu.blog.dccomics.com/files/2011 ... 0001RV.jpg

The colors look a little darker than I'd like, but that could be due to the lighting. It's clearly a dark scene in general. Overall it doesn't look bad, but I'm looking forward to seeing a better picture of him.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Sat Aug 6, '11, 11:09 pm

Yeah, that's a bit dark alrighty. I don't really like it that dark myself, but who knows other fans may love it. :silly:

Hubba, Hubba, though, he's cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yes:

That cape is a bit long, or atleast it looks that way here. I hope he doesn't trip or fall over it, but then he's superman so he won't be hurt if he does. Still, it could do with a few inches trimmed off, imho.

Silver_Surfer1

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Tue Jun 11, '13, 7:30 pm

Lots and lots of hype over this movie especially now as I believe it is being released sometime this week. Even before the movie hits theaters and we find out if it is any good, or not, the movie is profiting from all kinds of promotional items, etc. and will be partway successfull due to all of that:

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-enter ... 51215.html

A very good picture there of the new Superman in his new Superman outfit.

What does everyone think of the new Superman suit??

It reminds me a little of the Batman suit. I think they should have kept his undies outside the suit, and it wouldn't hurt the suit to be a little more colorful instead of so dark, but hey maybe it looks better in the actual movie. We'll see. :wink:

Silver_Surfer1

Postby Flames of Yagami » Thu Jun 13, '13, 12:53 am

I wish the costume was a little more vibrant, too. As for the lack of underpants (or whatever they're called), I think the costume was made to resemble Superman's new costume from the "New 52" reboot, where he doesn't have the underwear either. Speaking of Batman, I hope they decide to use grey and black instead of all black for the next movie, but that's just me.
Flames of Yagami
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 212

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Mon Jun 17, '13, 7:54 pm

"Superman: Man Of Steel" is off to a terrific start at the box office, etc. It broke records on it's first day:

http://movies.msn.com/movies/article.aspx?news=813503

With this terrific opening, and what may yet come, it looks like this may be good news for an eventual Justice League movie. Let's hope so!! :clap:

Silver_Surfer1

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Sat Jun 29, '13, 6:00 pm

Saw an online article yesterday where they mentioned something about possibly using Christopher Reeve's face over Cavill's face in the new "Superman" movie as a possible tribute to Chris Reeve. While I think a tribute would be very much in line and a great honor and well deserved, I just can't see it from looking at the clip with the article. Can anyone else see it?? Or, if you've seen the movie, did you see it then and there??

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... ealed.html

Silver_Surfer1

Postby Bragatyr » Sun Jun 30, '13, 2:17 am

I actually thought that Cavill gave off a kind of Christopher Reeve vibe, both visually and just as a matter of all the parallels they included in the movie. I don't know if it was intentional or not, but he definitely looked like both Christopher Reeve and Tom Welling to me at times, which I thought was a very cool touch.

I also really liked the movie. Very different take on a Superman film, but I liked the focus on Superman's origins, and I thought Michael Shannon played a fantastic and very terrifying Zod. And I agree, Silver_Surfer1, I'm really hoping for a Justice League movie soon! And Wonder Woman, while they're at it.
Bragatyr
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 65

Postby doncair99 » Mon Jul 15, '13, 4:48 am

I'm also looking forward to a Justice League movie. That sounds wonderful right about now.
doncair99
Guardian
Guardian

Achievements: 153

Return to Feature Films