"Super Tonio" A Super Big Baby

General discussion of subjects beyond the scope of the other forums.

"Super Tonio" A Super Big Baby

Postby Atlinsmere » Tue Oct 21, '08, 4:09 am

So I was looking up world records and came across this large baby born in Cancun, Mexico.

http://www.hilaryshepherd.com/rantsnraves/2007/02/02/super-tonio-cancun-newborn/

According to the Guinness Book of World Records, the world's heaviest baby was born to Anna Bates of Canada in 1879. The baby weighed 23.12 lbs and died eleven hours after birth. Antonio is about 8.6 lbs lighter.

When I read this I was quite amazed that stuff like this actually happens. So, what are your thoughts about Antonio?
A simple text based signature? That's impossible!
Atlinsmere

Achievements: 392

Postby Lemina » Tue Oct 21, '08, 8:49 pm

Woah--that poor mom. It's good that she and the baby are both healthy! I wonder what caused Super Tonio to get so big..?

Credits to Altin for the sig. Thank you dude! ^_^
Lemina
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 29

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Tue Oct 21, '08, 8:57 pm

OMG! That is a big baby! When he is laying next to the other little "normal sized" baby, the difference is really astonishing! :misspeak:

I wonder how the Mother even managed to stand on her feet carrying a baby that size. One would think it might be even more difficult than carrying twins, but maybe not. I wish he and his family well in the future. Can you even imagine buying baby clothes, diapers, supplies, etc., for one of this size????? He looks almost as big, or bigger, than some one year olds.

Interesting story, and pics. I wonder what happened to cause the death of the baby from Canada who holds the record for being the biggest - anyone know?????
Good Friday ~ March 29, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Atlinsmere » Wed Oct 22, '08, 4:25 am

I'm curious too.... Only one thing to do and hope for the best. To the internet search engines!
A simple text based signature? That's impossible!
Atlinsmere

Achievements: 392

Return to Casual Conversation