Super Smash Brothers: Brawl

Discussing all the gaming matters not covered in the other forums.

Postby Wolf Bird » Thu Jul 2, '09, 1:54 am

Yeah, pretty much. They stopped laughing when they started playing me.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby XxEnslavedNekoxX » Thu Jul 2, '09, 1:58 am

haha! Awesome Best story ever XD
XxEnslavedNekoxX
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Achievements: 11

Postby Wolf Bird » Thu Jul 2, '09, 1:58 am

I gained a lot of respect over time from them, though and many of them did ask me why I didn't play competitively. But a few eventually began to insist on Ness having some cheap moves.
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Postby XxEnslavedNekoxX » Thu Jul 2, '09, 2:01 am

Of course. Being beaten by a girl using Ness is just an insult. Granted, I hated the constant letters in game magizines from girls saying that they need to be respected more because men look down on them. But there are still select situations where that happens based on looks and gender. Heck I did it myself and I am a girl.

I went to a friends house with my bf to pick up a piece of furnature and she invited us to play Guitar Hero (I suck but my bf is good) He won, but she was close behind. It just boggled my mind cause she didn't look like a gamer @_@
XxEnslavedNekoxX
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Postby Wolf Bird » Thu Jul 2, '09, 2:01 am

Yes. I'm a girl and used a low rated character and frequently beat them. I enjoyed this because I more or less flew in the face of the narrow view they take of Brawl.

Wolf Bird

Postby XxEnslavedNekoxX » Thu Jul 2, '09, 2:02 am

Lol, it's awesome but cheap that they said your character was cheap just because you Actually knew how to use him
XxEnslavedNekoxX
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Postby Wolf Bird » Thu Jul 2, '09, 2:02 am

Yes! And if you want SKILL in brawl, I would say Ness is probably one of the hardest characters to use at all!

Wolf Bird

Postby XxEnslavedNekoxX » Thu Jul 2, '09, 2:03 am

Yeah, I only played the game for about ten minutes (I couldn't handle all the hyper destruction and twitchyness) and I went through most of the characters. He was definitely difficult

I think I had an easier time with Ike
XxEnslavedNekoxX
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Postby Wolf Bird » Thu Jul 2, '09, 2:05 am

Yeah. Ness is really tough to use. His recovery is hard to pull off, he's really quirky, his attacks either have really long range or very little range, his smash moves aren't his finishers. Yeah, he's a tough one to use.

My boyfriend plays Wario and watches me play Ness all the time...he STILL has a hard time handling Ness.

Wolf Bird

Postby XxEnslavedNekoxX » Thu Jul 2, '09, 2:07 am

Mine likes Metaknight but we haven't played Brawl for a long time infact, we traded in brawl for Street fighter IV
XxEnslavedNekoxX
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming