Super Smash Brothers: Brawl

Discussing all the gaming matters not covered in the other forums.

Postby Wolf Bird » Thu Sep 2, '10, 7:42 pm

@H-man: I'm Brawl, I THINK Kirby and Ness have the same voice actor.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby H-Man » Thu Sep 2, '10, 7:45 pm

I used to have the darndest time playing w/ Ness in the original, because his extra jump and PK thunder were difficult for me to get the hang of
*H-Man as Chaz, looks at Rika, aka Paula* Chaz-Man- "Hey, I've been wandering around Motavia for quite a while with you now. It says in that weird blue box up there that one more battle with a sandworm and we can level up to husband and wife!"

Image Fringes Official Monocled Gentleman.

Image MADE A NEW FATE Achievement.
H-Man
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 110

Postby Wolf Bird » Thu Sep 2, '10, 7:46 pm

Part of playing Ness is precisely that. He's just...WEIRD and different, and very hard to use. That's what makes him so deadly if someone knows how to use him.
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Postby H-Man » Thu Sep 2, '10, 7:47 pm

my friend Peter mastered Ness, and his down+attack while in mid-air was pretty deadly and frustrating
*H-Man as Chaz, looks at Rika, aka Paula* Chaz-Man- "Hey, I've been wandering around Motavia for quite a while with you now. It says in that weird blue box up there that one more battle with a sandworm and we can level up to husband and wife!"

H-Man
Sage
Sage

Postby Wolf Bird » Thu Sep 2, '10, 7:48 pm

I LOVE that move. ^^

Wolf Bird

Postby Wolf Bird » Thu Sep 2, '10, 7:48 pm

It's a meteor smash, and one of the best in the game. In Brawl, it actually comes out a bit slower, but that makes it PERFECT to mess with people.

Wolf Bird

Postby Wolf Bird » Thu Sep 2, '10, 7:50 pm

One of the flaws with the original (I think) were the lack of spot and aerial dodges. They added them in melee, but totally messed up the aerial dodges in such a way to enable cheap glitching.

Wolf Bird

Postby Wolf Bird » Thu Sep 2, '10, 7:50 pm

Brawl got them perfect.

Wolf Bird

Postby H-Man » Thu Sep 2, '10, 7:50 pm

there were two or three characters who had single hit moves that really just jacked you up when used correctly

H-Man
Sage
Sage

Postby H-Man » Thu Sep 2, '10, 7:51 pm

Luigi's jump-coin attack was another example

H-Man
Sage
Sage

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming