Mario I, 2, 3, & Super Mario World

Remembering the games of yesteryear.

Mario I, 2, 3, & Super Mario World

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Wed Mar 28, '07, 9:26 pm

I love all these Mario games for the NES. Mario 2, 3, are my favorites with Super Mario World following closely behind. There are lots of great characters in these games and many skillfull moves. These games can be exasperating at times, but playing them regularly really helps "defeat" the bad guys.

My absolute favorite Mario character is "Princess Peach" or "Princess Toadstool". One of my favorite Mario characters, besides Mario & Luigi of course, is that baddy "FryGuy"! :fiery:

Anyone else have a favorite Mario game or character?
Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Re: Mario I, 2, 3, & Super Mario World

Postby Neithird » Wed Mar 28, '07, 11:30 pm

Yeah, those were good games. I haven't played them in a long time, though. I don't think I ever managed to finish the first one.

I remember using Yoshi to gobble up all the baddies. :lol: I really disliked that snake guy in #2. It was hard to throw those block things at him!
:clyde: · · · :pacman: · · · · · · ● · · · · :inky: · · ·
"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." ~ Optimus Prime
Neithird
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 21

Postby Thoul » Thu Mar 29, '07, 12:23 am

Yep, they were pretty good. My favorite character is actually the bad guy, Bowser. There was a game called Super Mario RPG where you get to play as him alongside the princess and Mario. That one is my favorite. :D It's a very different style of game play from the originals, though. Out of those, I guess my favorite is Mario 2. It had the most creative enemies, and it was nice to be able to play as someone other than Mario.

What's your least favorite Mario game? For me, it was Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island. I couldn't stand the crying baby noise in that one. It was annoying! :evil: :P

They made remakes of Mario 1, 2, and 3 on the Super Nintendo and Game Boy that I've been wanting to try, but never got around to playing. The Super Nintendo one is supposed to have an alternate Mario 2 that is more like Mario 1, too.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Thu May 10, '07, 8:06 am

Today I played a little bit of Super Mario 64, I think it is called. I didn't get very far. Whoa, the special effects in this game are wild and made me a little queasy. It was fun though. I may try it again one day. I've played it before a few years ago but don't remember if I ever made it to the end or not.

Anyone else play, like, or dislike this game????
Good Friday ~ March 29, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Neithird » Fri May 11, '07, 10:11 pm

I played it back when it first came out. It was okay, I guess. It didn't make much of an impression on me.
:clyde: · · · :pacman: · · · · · · ● · · · · :inky: · · ·
"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." ~ Optimus Prime
Neithird
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 21

Postby Thoul » Sun May 13, '07, 9:50 pm

That was one of the first 3D games I ever played. I thought they made really nice use of the concept of having three dimensions, with Mario's ability to fly around the place. There are a lot of game developers today that could learn from that.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Return to Retro Roundup