Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: Super Mario RPG (SMRPG)
PostPosted: Fri Sep 5, '08, 1:00 am 
So I heard that this was just released for the Virtual console. I am elated, ecstatic, psyched, and just about any other word that describes really, really happy! I've played a friend's copy of this over ten years ago and was never able to finish it due to the fact that my SNES was stolen by a butt-wipe.

Enough of that though, I really enjoyed what I've played of this game. It was the result of the dream combination of Squaresoft and Nintendo; a Square caliber RPG game in the Mario Kingdom. Charming gameplay, music, and minigames were all part of the reason that I loved this game so much~ I look forward to netting this on the VC!

Your thoughts?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 5, '08, 2:10 am 
I played that in either 97 or 98 and loved it - it even would have been a great RPG without the Mario characters and setting. I have the original cartridge still but have been debating whether to buy it on the VC as well. I would highly recommend it for all 16-bit RPG fans.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 5, '08, 12:11 pm 
Super Mario RPG is a great game I used to own it on my snes but I sold it a while a go now. (I kick myself :x ) it was a great game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 5, '08, 3:27 pm 
Lucas wrote:Super Mario RPG is a great game I used to own it on my snes but I sold it a while a go now. (I kick myself :x ) it was a great game.

I do the same thing Lucas, I miss my original cart so much. Why did I ever sell it is beyond me. Anyways why couldnt this be released on xbox live *cries*, I don't have the money to get the system for the VC.. Oh well thats life.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 6, '08, 2:41 am 
Sweet, it's well past time that they put this out. It's a great game. I look forward to finally playing it again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 6, '08, 4:08 am 
*sigh* I only wish I could download it for the VC...I can't even connect my Wii online, and every day I'm terrified of my cartridge dying. But...I suppose the risk is worth it for such a good game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 7, '08, 12:43 am 
LordKaiok wrote:*sigh* I only wish I could download it for the VC...I can't even connect my Wii online,

Yeah, right now I can't get my Wii online either. It kills me! :x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, '08, 2:40 pm 
This is game is definately in my Top 5 16-bit RPGs (Phantasy Star IV is first though :D), and it is probably in my Top 5 in RPGs overall as well. I've never been good with giving a firm estimate on how much I love a particular game. Especially, if those games are RPGs.

Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ]