Feedback on podcast

Remembering the games of yesteryear.

Feedback on podcast

Postby hugues » Wed Nov 11, '09, 12:39 am

For the past couple of weeks I've been working with a few other retro game fans to start a new podcast called "The Retro League". We just finished our 4th episode which touches on the classic Predator games, overpriced NES games, gaming conventions, and Shenmue. We still have some technical difficulties to work out but I think we're improving a little each episode.

Here's the home page - http://www.theretroleague.com/

I'd be interested to hear any feedback you may have on it - good, bad, indifferent, it doesn't matter.
hugues
Android
Android

Achievements: 32

Re: Feedback on podcast

Postby Thoul » Tue Nov 17, '09, 4:45 pm

I'm going to try to give this a listen soon. My internet connection has been crazy sporadic lately or I would have already.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Thoul » Mon Nov 30, '09, 10:57 pm

Ok, so after finally getting my internet connection woes settled, I'm listening to the latest episode right now. As far as content, it's pretty good. A nice look at the retro games and I enjoyed the eBay portion.

I listed to a few minutes of the first few episodes for comparison and I can tell a lot of technical things were worked out. It's definitely improving as you guys get more experienced with it.

If I had to point out one flaw, I would say it runs a bit long. Shorter episodes might be better. Most are weighing in at around an hour and a half, which is too much for me. I can't remember the last time I had that much time to listen to something uninterrupted.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby hugues » Sat Dec 5, '09, 8:09 pm

Thanks :) It's funny, when we outline the episodes they look like they're going to be short but then we go off on tangents.
hugues
Android
Android

Postby hugues » Wed Oct 20, '10, 2:54 am

I just wanted to mention that we officially broke the 1-year mark on our podcast! The show has improved quite a bit since we first started so I'd like to invite everyone to give it another try - http://www.theretroleague.com/
hugues
Android
Android

Return to Retro Roundup