Super Mario 3

Remembering the games of yesteryear.

Super Mario 3

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Thu Sep 30, '10, 12:07 am

In honor of Super Mario's 25th anniversary, I wanted to start a thread to discuss this game of "Super Mario 3".

Without a doubt, "Super Mario 3" is my second favorite in the series of "Super Mario" games. It was great fun, and very challenging to play!

Any other fans of "Super Mario 3" here?

What was the easiest stage, or World, for you to play in the game? I think they were all equally difficult in some respects. The more I played them the easier some of them became, and some not!

What was the hardest stage in the game for you? I think for me it was the stage, or World, with the BIG fish. I had a horrible time getting through that one. Also, the stage where you have to jump on blocks, falling doughnuts, little fish, etc. I had to redo that one several times. Also, several of the "castles" were difficult for me, especially the ones with the ghosts chasing after you.

What did you think of the music for "Super Mario 3"? I liked it, but not my favorite.

Also, which character was your favorite to use to play in the game? I always used Mario.

I also loved to get the Super Leaf or the Tanooki suit! I absolutely hated to get that frog suit. :fiery:

Did anyone use the warp whistles to get to another part of the game, I did sometimes, especially if I was in a bind or something.

Any particular moments or other things in the game of "Super Mario 3" that stand out in your memory?

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Re: Super Mario 3

Postby Atlinsmere » Thu Sep 30, '10, 8:03 am

SMB3 has a lot of great memories, while Inever beat it, the farthest I been without cheating was world 7, I think it was. Than out of nowhere my game got wiped.

I always loved jumping in the shoe and running around with that. I also remember one day when I warped, I had two whistles so I used one, and on the warp screen, I accidentally pushed my inventory menu and saw my second whistle, it told me "Do it man. Do it." So naturally, I did it and I was suprised when I was brought to world 8.

But this was when I was younger and sucked at Super Mario.

Also, check out this amazing speedrun. =D

A simple text based signature? That's impossible!
Atlinsmere

Achievements: 392

Postby Lucas » Thu Sep 30, '10, 10:48 am

I have a lot of good memories playing Super Mario Bros. 3 on my Super Mario All-Star games for the old SNES. I beat the game once, I remember having to fight bowser on a bridge made of blocks that could be destroyed or something like that.

I actually found a few secrets when I was younger (they're quite well-known now though)and a few months ago I recorded them from memory, these vids are from my Youtube Account:

"It's always fun to kill a god." ~ Akuma (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
Lucas
Protector
Protector

Achievements: 175

Postby Thoul » Thu Sep 30, '10, 9:29 pm

I like the level where Mario can jump inside the little green boot and hop around. That was fun. :lol: The P-wing item was great, too. I love being able to just fly above a really hard level without worrying about bullets, spikes, and pits.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Sun Oct 3, '10, 9:52 pm

Atlinsmere wrote: I also remember one day when I warped, I had two whistles so I used one, and on the warp screen, I accidentally pushed my inventory menu and saw my second whistle, it told me "Do it man. Do it." So naturally, I did it and I was suprised when I was brought to world 8.

I very rarely used the whistles, but I did a few times. It was amazing...using them, sometimes, you could skip a good deal of the entire game. That was a great help if you happened to be stuck in a particular area or it was exceptionally hard to beat, which happened to me a few times. :wink:

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby H-Man » Tue Oct 5, '10, 2:43 pm

I have lots of good memories playing this game. I think I was able to make it all the way through once, but only when it came out on Super Mario All-Stars. The funniest memory was when my neighbor, his mother (my second mom), and I beat it. When Princess Toadstool said, "Sorry, but the princess is in another castle", my neighbor's mom started swearing at the screen until the Princess added, "Just kidding."
*H-Man as Chaz, looks at Rika, aka Paula* Chaz-Man- "Hey, I've been wandering around Motavia for quite a while with you now. It says in that weird blue box up there that one more battle with a sandworm and we can level up to husband and wife!"

Image Fringes Official Monocled Gentleman.

Image MADE A NEW FATE Achievement.
H-Man
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 110

Postby Wolf Bird » Wed Oct 6, '10, 12:32 am

I always loved the boot. It's so...goofy!
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Return to Retro Roundup