Comic Con 2013

Sports, movies, music, TV, and other forms of fun.

Comic Con 2013

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Sun Jul 21, '13, 12:45 am

The annual Comic Con is being held this weekend, etc. Loads of interesting stuff happening there including appearances by some movie stars, etc.

http://io9.com/the-very-best-finds-on-t ... -826383077

Did anyone here get to go to this event?? It looks like so much fun to be able to attend one of these comic cons!
Palm Sunday ~ March 24, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Re: Comic Con 2013

Postby Wolf Bird » Sun Jul 21, '13, 1:37 am

I attended the Boston Comic Con last year with my boyfriend. It was definitely fun, though hard to get around, especially as I was on crutches at the time as I hadn't had my knee surgery yet. It's August 3-4 this year, but I don't know if we'll be going. But I will say that if you have the opportunity to attend one, it's well worth it!
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby augmentedfourth » Sun Jul 21, '13, 4:36 am

I was invited to a luncheon there thrown by the gaming company I write for, but didn't get to attend on account of me being 3000 miles away. :wink: They're going to try to get me a professional badge for the New York Comic Con in 2014 - I've never gone before, so that would be cool!

Despite the distance, some of my friends actually did fly out there to attend. It does look like fun!
augmentedfourth
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Achievements: 256

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Mon Jul 22, '13, 9:47 pm

Oh wow, augmentedfourth, if you get to go, please let us know everything about it!! :)

So far I've read of several stars who were at this latest Comic Con, including Tom Cruise, Harrison Ford, Lou Ferrigno, and the stars of "Supernatural". I would have been happy just seeing those last two guys....swoon!!!!!!!! :lol:
Palm Sunday ~ March 24, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Return to Entertainment