Subway anitbiotic free items

Warning: Talking about food might make you hungry. ;)

Subway anitbiotic free items

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Tue Mar 1, '16, 2:11 am

Subway is making a change to some of their food items:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrink/r ... cid=AARDHP

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Re: Subway anitbiotic free items

Postby Wolf Bird » Tue Mar 1, '16, 2:02 pm

Good. Antibiotic (mis)use in agriculture is the main contributor to increasing antibiotic resistance in bacteria and the rise of superbugs like MRSA. Every bit to discourage antibiotic misuse on farms is good.

Note: in agriculture, animals are often exposed to low levels of antibiotics all the time in their feed. That is what I mean by misuse. This is to both help preempt an outbreak of bacterial infection given how packed together animals are on large farms, and also to stimulate faster weight gain. The problem is that constant low level exposure make it easier for bacteria to evolve resistance, and once a resistant strain is out in the human population, it becomes hard, if not impossible, to treat. So the practice eventually comes around to bite us regardless. And now farmers in China have been found using our last-ditch effort antibiotic that we use against resistant strains in pig feed. A post-antibiotic era may be closer than we think, and I fear seeing the return of some diseases in my lifetime.
Last edited by Wolf Bird on Tue Mar 1, '16, 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Return to Delectable Delicacies