Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ] 

Stylised Rika in 2011

Stylised Rika in 2011

View Gallery Page

Post subject: Stylised Rika
PostPosted: Wed Oct 5, '11, 2:59 am 
It's been very long time since I’ve done a drawing for Rika. I had a few done ages ago, I just never got around to uploading them and I can't find them now so I thought it would be good to start fresh with her.

I was tired of seeing her in her usual PSIV battle leotard so I dressed her somewhat modern and casual. I had the image in mind of her being at a festival or something hence the balloons. Also as much as I don’t say it any more she still is my favourite Phantasy Star gal. I may colour it someday. Hope you all like.

Last edited by Lucas on Wed Oct 5, '11, 2:59 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Stylised Rika
PostPosted: Wed Oct 5, '11, 12:31 pm 
Nice drawing. Rika in casual clothes, holding ballons, is very charming. Although you put her in a non-PSIV setting, you managed to conserve her naive and upbeat spirit, just like Rika must be, and that is what I consider the most important thing in a fan art.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 5, '11, 2:55 pm 
I think this is easily your best work to date. Like tilinelson said, it's perfectly in character for Rika. And everything from the posture to her expression is very naturalistic. Very well done.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 5, '11, 6:55 pm 
I always enjoy seeing the cast in a casual setting for a change. Their standard wear might be okay on the battlefield (and some not even there!), but for everyday life something different is needed. And you've got great consistency with her personality as already expressed, which is just awesome. Thanks for sharing this with us, Lucas. Great work! :D

PostPosted: Thu Oct 6, '11, 10:45 am 
Thanks everyone, I appreciate it.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 7, '11, 12:31 am 
Not bad!!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, '11, 8:13 am 
Very nice, Lucas. Cute outfit.

Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]