Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ] 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, '08, 11:57 pm 
Saw this report on Fox news today where they talked to the boy (who had been suspended from school for buying a pack of Skittles candy) and to his Mom.

This is unreal. I don't know what all the hassle was about. I mean it's not like he was buying drugs or something - this was just CANDY!

Atleast it sounds like they got the whole mess straighted out.

Are schools really this strick these days? I can remember when they wanted us to buy candy at the school commisary. Oh well....! :?

http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/03/13/skittl ... cnn_latest

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, '08, 4:03 am 
They had vending machines when I was in middle and high school. :? I don't see what the fuss is about, really... Nuts, in any case.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, '08, 6:22 am 
lol, My school would probably do that. The people here are all loony. XD Like just the other day, we are supposed to get out early because the quarter ends, so to make up for lost time they make students come earlier. What kind of early release is that?! XDD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, '08, 4:01 pm 
:yes: Seems pointless to me. I can understand that they want to promote kids having a good diet, but it sounds like they went overboard here. Apparently, the candy wasn't even against any written rule. I suppose they're just upset because kids were buying and selling to each other.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, '08, 7:34 pm 
they should be glad he was only buying something innocent like candy and that he wasn't buying drugs. then they would have really had a problem.

Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]