Return of Game Gear

Remembering the games of yesteryear.

Return of Game Gear

Postby Thoul » Thu Mar 3, '11, 12:39 am

Nintendo has now announced that the Virtual Console service for the 3DS will include games from Sega's Game Gear and NEC's TurboGrafx-16. There are no titles announced, but most of Game Gear games have been completely out of print since the system died. TurboGrafx games, on the other hand, have been appearing on the Wii's VC service for a while.

What Game Gear titles would you like to see released? Do you think this could lead to the first official releases outside Japan of the Game Gear's Phantasy Star titles?
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Re: Return of Game Gear

Postby Lucas » Thu Mar 3, '11, 1:05 am

I only ever played Sonic the Hedgehog Triple Trouble on the GG. So maybe that one and perhaps an English translation of Phantasy Star Gaiden would be nice too.

"It's always fun to kill a god." ~ Akuma (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
Lucas
Protector
Protector

Achievements: 175

Postby H-Man » Fri Mar 4, '11, 12:49 pm

I played a lot of Shinobi for the game gear. Fun game.
*H-Man as Chaz, looks at Rika, aka Paula* Chaz-Man- "Hey, I've been wandering around Motavia for quite a while with you now. It says in that weird blue box up there that one more battle with a sandworm and we can level up to husband and wife!"

Image Fringes Official Monocled Gentleman.

Image MADE A NEW FATE Achievement.
H-Man
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 110

Postby tilinelson2 » Fri Mar 4, '11, 1:30 pm

The only games I've played for game gear were the Phantasy Star games, but there may be other interesting games for the system. But as I don't have any Nintendo console, I'll not be able to play them anyway...
A person only sees and hears what he wants to see and hear and disregards the rest.
tilinelson2
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 277

Postby xellos667 » Fri Mar 4, '11, 1:54 pm

Other than Phantasy Star, I mainly would want to play the three Shining Force Gaiden title. Even if they were not translated (Final Conflict in particular).

As for the TG-16 Title, I assume we'll have to rebuy the title we already had bought on Wii VC...this is a shame since I already bought a lot of title on VC (Ys, Neutopia, Dragon's Curse, Dracula X, etc...) and I don't want to rebuy everything twice only to play it on a portable system...

I wish Sony would speed up the release of TG-16 title here in America like they did in Japan, because not only can I play them on my PS3, but also on my PSP, and all that while purchasing them only once (granted I only bought Valis 1 remake for now because I would like to purchase the titles on the US PSN not the Japanese one)

But overall, this is good news :)
xellos667
Android
Android

Achievements: 43

Return to Retro Roundup