Six recipes that Everyone should know

Warning: Talking about food might make you hungry. ;)

Six recipes that Everyone should know

Postby Lemina » Sun Apr 4, '10, 4:46 pm

Six common, but good recipes!

I love collecting recipes, and I thought that I would share this recipe with you! Do any of you do a lot of cooking? I used to, but these days, not so much due to busyness and such. :bang:

Credits to Altin for the sig. Thank you dude! ^_^
Lemina
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 29

Re: Six recipes that Everyone should know

Postby Thoul » Sun Apr 4, '10, 6:33 pm

I don't cook much. I used to do more, but I sort of feel out of the habit for various reasons. Those recipes are very good. They're more complex than anything of a similar nature I'd typically make. My chicken noodle soup would come from a can. :lol:
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Rune_Walsh » Sun Apr 4, '10, 9:12 pm

Great topic, Lemina! Anything about food has my attention, indeed. ;)

I couldn't eat some of those dishes, but there's ways around it by using subsitutes instead (cottage cheese replacing beef for lasagna, for example).

I cook almost daily with the exception of when we go out. I love the artistic aspect of cooking; spices, flavors and textures can make enjoying food to be an out of this world experience. I have several dishes I just "made up." These include pasta in a creamy mushroom sauce tossed with asparagus, and orzo noodles in a sweet (fresh squeezed) orange teriyaki sauce. GZ seems to be happy with it, though, as he eats it up, so I guess they're tasty. :D

Everyone should learn how to make an apple pie. It's so easy, and one of the best desserts to enjoy; warm from the oven with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Delish. And shhhhhh, but you can cheat with the crust by buying it from the grocery store. ;)
Rune_Walsh
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 9

Postby Lemina » Mon Apr 5, '10, 6:06 pm

Real cooks do make up their own recipes---I wish that I had the imagination to make up stuff for myself.

Are you vegetarian, Rune? There are some recipes where you don't even need the meat. I always make lasagna without meat--you just add some eggs to the cheese mixture. That fluffs up the cheese. Also, don't forget to drain the ricotta. Otherwise, your cheese will end up soppy.

Credits to Altin for the sig. Thank you dude! ^_^
Lemina
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 29

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Tue Apr 6, '10, 6:05 pm

Those are some good recipes. Thanks for sharing them with us. :yes:

I used to collect recipes also. Some I eventually tried and many more I never got around to trying.

I don't really cook that much any more. For one thing, it's just easier to fix something more simplier these days. Sometimes just a sandwich and chips or hotdog and chips or something.

Another thing is that since I don't do a lot of cooking anymore, I don't have a lot of those ingredients on hand and when you come right down to it, some of those items can be expensive if you have to buy a lot of them at one time.

Also, if you are cooking for several people that like to eat a lot of food like that, it's fine, but it seems everyone in my family likes different things to eat, so a lot of it would just go to waste.
Good Friday ~ March 29, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Return to Delectable Delicacies