Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ] 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 4, '08, 9:04 am 
If you like to play strategy games, do you prefer real time games (a la Starcraft) or turn based games (Shining Force, Fire Emblem)? Why?

I tend to enjoy turn based more, because it allows me to take my time and plan things out better. I hate being rushed in a game, and real time tends to be that way sometimes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 4, '08, 7:54 pm 
Put me down for Turn-Based.

I blame it all on Hereos of Might and Magic. Man, that game sucked me in. XD

And before anyone says anything bad, I have tried to do RTS games, and I failed miserably. I just can't seem to work my brain fast enough at this point to know what's going on where, who's fighting who, etc. that quickly. Someday, I might be able to. For now....

Damnit, the Green guys killed off my Vampires! :grumpy:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 4, '08, 10:56 pm 
I like to play a little of both but real time is definately my favorite. To me its like FF10, where each of the enemies and monsters take specific turns to smack each other to death. XD Warsong is one of my favorite turn based, because its actually quite entertaining to build up an unstoppable force, and either anihalate your foes, or wait and watch as they miserably hurl their soldiers to their deaths. lol.

But yeah, RTS is more exciting, and more challenging. Surprisingly though, when I think about it, it takes less strategizing than turn based games.

Humms the 999 tune on AoM. "this is RTS 3!" lol don't get that song a whole lot, but they sped it up so it goes fast and the voices are messed up XD

Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]