Stoooooooorm

General discussion of subjects beyond the scope of the other forums.

Stoooooooorm

Postby Snorb » Fri Oct 26, '12, 10:46 pm

Hey, everyone, just posting to say that Hurricane Sandy's heading right for New Jersey, so there's a small chance I might lose power on Tuesday or so.
Read my social stuff!
The ramblings of an oldish geezer on Facebook.
@SnorbESnorb on Twitter. The "E" stands for "Everything."

Play my games!
The ArrrPG - A game I made about being a pirate. This be a first draft, matey! Though it plays just fine, clap yer eyes on th' eventual Revised an' Expanded Edition and you'll be pleased, by thunder!

Nakama: A Card Game of Magical Girls - A completely un-playtested card game about being a magical girl.

Well, excuse me while I defy all laws of logic and common sense and do it anyway.
Snorb

Achievements: 124

Re: Stoooooooorm

Postby R-90-2 » Fri Oct 26, '12, 11:15 pm

You and me both. I'll still work on my videos as long as my laptop battery lasts, but communication to the outside may be a bit difficult.
Do not say: How is it that former times were better than these? For it is not out of wisdom that you ask about this. Ecclesiastes 7:10
ImageImageImageImage
R-90-2
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 78

Postby Wolf Bird » Fri Oct 26, '12, 11:38 pm

Same here up in Boston. Might go south of here and we may not get much, but we'll just see what happens.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Prince Noah » Sat Oct 27, '12, 7:37 am

I am sorry for you. I wish you and everybody else the best of luck. :)
Prince Noah
Shopkeeper
Shopkeeper

Achievements: 21

Postby Thoul » Sat Oct 27, '12, 12:59 pm

I hope the storm weakens a bit and doesn't hit very hard. Everyone do your best to stay safe and prepare.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Sun Oct 28, '12, 2:00 am

My thoughts and prayers are with all of you that may be in the storm area. Stay safe, stay alert, and be prepared just in case. I'll be keeping a special eye on the news and weather to keep up with this storm and know what's happening. Hopefully all will pass soon and without too much damage, etc.

Keep us updated on how each of you are doing as soon as you are able to do so!!!

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Snorb » Wed Oct 31, '12, 12:27 am

Heya, everyone. Just posting this real quick while we got the generator going:

We lost power yesterday about 2:30 pm. We might not have power until Saturday. I'm only able to post this because my dad and I got our generator going- enough to power a couple fridges, a freezer, the TV, and an extension cord to charge phones with. No damage to the house, thank Alisa, except for the fact that part of our (hideously old and already in need of replacement) fence fell over and needs replacing.

Just posting to let everyone know that I'm not dead, and please spread the word to the Cave!
Read my social stuff!

Play my games!
The ArrrPG - A game I made about being a pirate. This be a first draft, matey! Though it plays just fine, clap yer eyes on th' eventual Revised an' Expanded Edition and you'll be pleased, by thunder!

Nakama: A Card Game of Magical Girls - A completely un-playtested card game about being a magical girl.

Well, excuse me while I defy all laws of logic and common sense and do it anyway.
Snorb

Postby Lucas » Wed Oct 31, '12, 5:25 am

I know how scary it is to sit through big storms like this. We only had Cyclone Yasi attack the north coast of Australia last year. My best wishes go out to all involved, as always try stay safe.

"It's always fun to kill a god." ~ Akuma (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
Lucas
Protector
Protector

Achievements: 175

Postby Wolf Bird » Wed Oct 31, '12, 11:26 am

Glad to know you're alive and well, Snorb! Sound like New Jersey and NYC took the brunt of it.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Snorb » Fri Nov 2, '12, 3:00 am

I got power back at 8 pm tonight, and I'm not dead!
Read my social stuff!

Play my games!

Snorb

Next

Return to Casual Conversation