Page 1 of 2  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Steam summer sale
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, '14, 8:16 am 
Lots of bargains to be had during the Steam summer sale going on now through June 30, and some other good deals at a few other places:

https://games.yahoo.com/blogs/plugged-i ... 52297.html

Enjoy!!

Post subject: Re: Steam summer sale
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, '14, 2:13 pm 
Things like this make me hesitate to get Steam. Poor enough as it is. But my boyfriend will probably be taking advantage of this.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, '14, 5:09 pm 
If Steam didn't run like molasses on my laptop I might consider this. I used to play TF2 a lot, but anymore it's so darned laggy it isn't worth it.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, '14, 8:56 pm 
Happy purchasing for all the people interested in it ! :)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, '14, 2:46 am 
Must....resist.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 4, '14, 3:20 am 
I am glad to say I did not buy anything during this year's summer sale!

Unfortunately, I have still yet to play half the games I bought during the last two summer sales. :cry: Darn you Steam and your great deals!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 4, '14, 2:51 pm 
Thoul wrote:Unfortunately, I have still yet to play half the games I bought during the last two summer sales. :cry: Darn you Steam and your great deals!

Ha ha, I know the feeling. Though my problem is sourced from being a PS Plus subscriber and getting free games every month.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 4, '14, 4:09 pm 
I didn't buy much this year. DLC for games I already own and like, as well as one more game that looked fun.

The steam sale trend this year was the following:

"The usuals": Bioshock, Skyrim, Dragon Age, Borderlands and all other classics that have been on summer sale for years = I already own all I intended to buy in that department.

"The indie/pixelart/multi-purpose games": Try this shooter/builder/open-world/exploration/survival/RPG/puzzle/zombie game (all in one of course) with graphics like the SNES is all that again = No, thanks.

"The early access mess": Finance us! Pay us money so we let you beta-test our unstable/buggy/generally empty game so we can line our pockets and not finish our project, ever = Haha, nice try. DLCs are bad enough, I like my games complete, thanks.

Yeah, I'm getting old.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 4, '14, 4:33 pm 
Aeroprism wrote:"The indie/pixelart/multi-purpose games": Try this shooter/builder/open-world/exploration/survival/RPG/puzzle/zombie game (all in one of course) with graphics like the SNES is all that again = No, thanks.

When my boyfriend was looking at the sales and all the indie games, he was very careful with looking at reviews and the like, precisely because of this. Now, he likes a good indie game. Heck, I like a good indie game, as indie game developers sometimes seem more willing to take risks, and a good indie developer can do a lot with very little. But, also, there's a lot of BAAAAAAD indie games out there. I get my fill of them from PS Plus, especially as there's a lot on Vita.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 4, '14, 6:51 pm 
Tee hee.

Page 1 of 2  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next