Star Wars

Discussing all the gaming matters not covered in the other forums.

Star Wars

Postby Thoul » Thu Nov 8, '07, 4:06 am

What are some of the best Star Wars games out there? I have a hankering to play something set in this universe, but I've yet to find a really great game from it.

I have Battlefront II, but the single player on it is not so great. I found a way to win most of the levels with little trouble.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby SparkyIII » Thu Nov 8, '07, 4:38 am

We've always loved the Battlefronts, the first because you can should people on the ground while in super vehicles, and the second because of the new characters, and space battles. The only other ones weve ever had are the Lego Star wars, we especially enjoyed taking both, because you get all the characters from both games plus you get to make your own. Other than that I don't know anything about the starwars games.
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Postby Neithird » Thu Nov 8, '07, 6:22 pm

There was one on the N64 that was good. I forgot the name of it, but it was a shooter that was good. I haven't played anything since then. I hear lots of good things about Knights of the Republic and Dark Forces. I always wanted to try those, but my computer's specs were too low at the time they were out.
:clyde: · · · :pacman: · · · · · · ● · · · · :inky: · · ·
"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." ~ Optimus Prime
Neithird
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 21

Postby Thoul » Sat Nov 10, '07, 12:08 am

I've been thinking of renting Lego Star Wars. Is it fun to play? Since it seems aimed at younger kids, I was afraid it might be missing the charm that would keep my interest.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby SparkyIII » Sat Nov 10, '07, 9:18 am

I dunno, it depends on what kind of attitude you have. Seeing as how most games are funner when two people play we always enjoyed killing ourselves or each other. And you don't get to ride around much, save for a couple of levels where thats all you do.

I don't know if it would be able to hold you or not. Its one of the games where its really only fun the first time through. But unlocking some of the items in the game was one of the best things because of what you get to do to the characters.
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Postby Thoul » Sat Nov 10, '07, 9:50 pm

I see, I see. Definitely sounds like something to rent before buying, just in case.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lee » Sun Nov 11, '07, 12:51 am

If you like strategy games, I highly recommend Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds. I was released a long time ago so you probably won't find it in stores unless you go to EB Games or Gamestop.
lee
Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Achievements: 7

Postby Heikabuchi » Sun Nov 11, '07, 1:08 am

To be honest, Star Wars doesnt really have much to offer in the realm of realistic combat games. I suppose the closest that lucasarts ever got to a good game was Rouge Squadren.
Heikabuchi
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Achievements: 42

Postby SparkyIII » Sun Nov 11, '07, 6:36 am

Heika you just don't like Star Wars, XDDD, you know, realistic combat isn't really that fun, its why video games were made. lol.

Yeah, thats a good idea, to rent before buying.
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Postby hugues » Sun Nov 11, '07, 3:53 pm

If you don't mind something less serious the Lego Star Wars games are a blast. They're just plain fun.. although they are kinda short and really easy.

The Rogue Squadron games should be pretty cheap in a used bin now. They're also a lot of fun and hit on the best scenes and vehicles from the classic movies.
hugues
Android
Android

Achievements: 32

Next

Return to General Gaming