Star Trek

Discussion of television, movies, and other forms of moving pictures.

Re: Star Trek

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Tue Oct 7, '14, 5:16 am

Silver_Surfer1 wrote:Read online that William Shatner (Captain Kirk in the original "Star Trek") says that he has been contacted about possibly being in the next new "Star Trek" movie and that he would like to do it. This is terrific.

Update: Read online just a little while ago that it is official that Shatner will be in Star Trek 3. Yay!!

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby PathfinderCS » Tue Oct 21, '14, 12:23 am

Silver_Surfer1 wrote:
Silver_Surfer1 wrote:Read online that William Shatner (Captain Kirk in the original "Star Trek") says that he has been contacted about possibly being in the next new "Star Trek" movie and that he would like to do it. This is terrific.

Update: Read online just a little while ago that it is official that Shatner will be in Star Trek 3. Yay!!

Color me shocked! :wow_luigi:

I'll have to wait and see how such a thing is executed, but I generally enjoyed the first of the reboot movies. I haven't seen Into Darkness yet, but I'll change that eventually.
"I'd say the sky's the limit!" - Spyro
PathfinderCS
Agent
Agent

Location: With the stars, sailing the blackness of the universe.
Achievements: 20

Postby Rylen » Tue Oct 21, '14, 1:22 am

Should be fun to see how this plays out.
Rylen
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Achievements: 49

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Thu Dec 4, '14, 5:19 am

Yesterday, December 3, was the 50th anniversary of when they made the original pilot of the classic "Star Trek" series. The original pilot was called "The Cage" and it was not aired as the first episode of the series but aired as the 3rd episode. It is one of "Star Trek's" most famous episodes and starred actor Jeffrey Hunter as the first Captain of the Starship Enterprise, Captain Pike. Actress Susan Oliver was also in this episode I think. This episode was shot almost a year before the show debuted on TV in November, 1966.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-v ... moy-753659

Silver_Surfer1

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Sun Jan 4, '15, 5:38 pm

Interesting story on how the original model for the USS Enterprise Starship in "Star Trek" is being given a new lease on life:

http://gizmodo.com/how-the-smithsonian- ... 1676892739

Silver_Surfer1

Postby Snorb » Sun Jan 4, '15, 6:09 pm

Ooof. The TOS Enterprise was hanging on cables from 1974 to 1999?! I'm surprised it didn't fall apart by now (especially considering how on-the-cheap The Original Series was done, especially in 1968.) Glad to see the Smithsonian's moved it onto a display stand (and looking forward to the restoration!)

Fun fact: When shooting the Enterprise-D for TNG, there were two models used: A six-foot model and a five-foot model. You can tell which model's which because the five-foot model has a weirdly-proportioned saucer compared to the six-foot model; almost like it's been squashed down. [The Enterprise in the opening credits for TNG is the six-footer.]
Read my social stuff!
The ramblings of an oldish geezer on Facebook.
@SnorbESnorb on Twitter. The "E" stands for "Everything."

Play my games!
The ArrrPG - A game I made about being a pirate. This be a first draft, matey! Though it plays just fine, clap yer eyes on th' eventual Revised an' Expanded Edition and you'll be pleased, by thunder!

Nakama: A Card Game of Magical Girls - A completely un-playtested card game about being a magical girl.

Well, excuse me while I defy all laws of logic and common sense and do it anyway.
Snorb

Achievements: 124

Postby Aeroprism » Mon Jan 5, '15, 12:02 am

Dude, there's something not right with your info. The actors all fit into the bridge with room to spare. The Enterprise was surely more than 6 feet long, right?
What is THIS? AN ENTERPRISE FOR ANTS?? Tee hee.

I probably said it somewhere here before but the reboots turned me off completely, I found next to no redeeming qualities in them.

That said, I finally got my hands on all 7 DVD seasons of TNG. I am in bliss.
Last edited by Aeroprism on Mon Jan 5, '15, 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aeroprism
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 95

Postby Snorb » Mon Jan 5, '15, 1:31 am

The studio models for the Enterprise, silly! XD (Galaxy class ships, like the Enterprise, are 2108' (or 642.5 m) long.)
Read my social stuff!

Play my games!
The ArrrPG - A game I made about being a pirate. This be a first draft, matey! Though it plays just fine, clap yer eyes on th' eventual Revised an' Expanded Edition and you'll be pleased, by thunder!

Nakama: A Card Game of Magical Girls - A completely un-playtested card game about being a magical girl.

Well, excuse me while I defy all laws of logic and common sense and do it anyway.
Snorb

Postby Aeroprism » Mon Jan 5, '15, 1:50 am

Dude, highlight my previous post. Srsly.
Aeroprism
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 95

Postby Snorb » Mon Jan 5, '15, 2:24 am

whoops x_X

(At least there's some consistency about the Galaxy class size, as opposed to, say, the Alternate Universe Constitution class. I like it and all, but there's not a chance in hell that I think that thing's as big as the Enterprise-E.)
Read my social stuff!

Play my games!

Snorb

PreviousNext

Return to Screen Scene