Star Trek

Discussion of television, movies, and other forms of moving pictures.

Re: Star Trek

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Wed May 15, '13, 11:00 pm

Don't know if this has been mentioned here before or not but I saw online where you can now have various text translated into the Klingon language:

http://social.entertainment.msn.com/mov ... le-at-bing

Sounds like fun, if nothing else. :)

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." John 3:16
Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Fri May 17, '13, 4:32 am

Ha, here are some more zinger mistakes regarding "Star Trek" that I saw online today:

http://www.slate.com/blogs/bad_astronom ... takes.html

And, some folks really do love "Star Trek", love it so much in fact that they sometimes do weird things to incorporate it into various facets of their lives. Check this out:

http://now.msn.com/star-trek-into-darkn ... ve-it-most

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." John 3:16
Silver_Surfer1

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Sat May 18, '13, 11:10 pm

Found an interesting article on some of the actors in the new "Star Trek" movie. It seems Chris Pine's (Kirk in "Star Trek") father is also an actor who was in the tv program "C.H.I.P.'s" and he has also been in several 'Star Trek" tv shows:

http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-tal ... 30224.html

I remember Pine in "C.H.I.P.'s" and I also remember that girl's mom in the coffee commercials too. Sexiest coffee commercial couple that I ever remember!!

Silver_Surfer1

Postby jessie » Sun May 19, '13, 3:45 am

The New Movie was very good! Anyone else see it?
All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.
ImageImage
ImageImage
jessie
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 39

Postby Snorb » Sun May 19, '13, 4:01 am

I have not seen it. I want to see it, despite having every last moment of it completely spoiled to all hell and back for me. I want to see it despite the fact

[Reveal] Spoiler: Holy crap don't click this! Major spoiler!!!
that it's basically Wrath of Khan meets The Undiscovered Country which was, if you ask me, the best Star Trek movie. I know that people complained that the very British and white Benedict Cumberbatch is playing Khan, but I don't care.

[Reveal] Spoiler: No, seriously, don't even think about clicking on this.
I know people complained about the whole "Khan's blood can heal Kirk from being dead" thing, as well as the Wrath of Khan sacrifice reversal.
I do not care. I still want to see this.

(Also, a complaint about the recent video game: The Enterprise has defensive shields like all Starfleet ships. The shields are only up at the press of a button, and only for about five seconds at a time, and are only useful to repel Gorn suicide ships. This means for most of the battle, the Gorn are going to be directly damaging the Enterprise's hull. There are a lot of Gorn. They do a lot of damage to the hull with their disruptor fire. There is an achievement for getting through the space battle with 85%+ hull integrity. Anybody who said they got this achievement is a bloody liar.)
Read my social stuff!
The ramblings of an oldish geezer on Facebook.
@SnorbESnorb on Twitter. The "E" stands for "Everything."

Play my games!
The ArrrPG - A game I made about being a pirate. This be a first draft, matey! Though it plays just fine, clap yer eyes on th' eventual Revised an' Expanded Edition and you'll be pleased, by thunder!

Nakama: A Card Game of Magical Girls - A completely un-playtested card game about being a magical girl.

Well, excuse me while I defy all laws of logic and common sense and do it anyway.
Snorb

Achievements: 124

Postby Thoul » Wed May 22, '13, 12:53 am

Snorb wrote:Thoul: The director for Nemesis outright stated during production that he hated Star Trek and has never seen it.

Well, that explains a lot about that movie. I have to wonder why he even agreed to direct the movie. I can see the actors having to do it because of contracts, whether they liked the situation or not, but a better director should have definitely been signed after that.

And I'll give you that the ramming scene was better. A full speed starship ramming sequence is usually better than anything. :lol:
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Snorb » Wed May 22, '13, 4:38 am

I just saw Star Trek: Into Darkness and I really liked it! There were a lot of indefensibly dumb moments, but that's gonna be a post for another day. Instead, I'll just quote what I found to be the best scene from '09 because it kinda cements how things are in Alternate Universe Star Trek.

Ayel: (has Kirk by the throat, and is about to throw him off a bridge somewhere in the Narada) You humans are weaker than I thought.
Kirk: (gagging, choking)
Ayel: You can't even speak.
Kirk: (more distinct, intelligible gagging and choking)
Ayel: What was that?
Kirk: (while being strangled by Ayel) "I got your gun."
(Kirk rips Ayel's disruptor pistol from its holster and blows a hole through the Romulan's gut. Ayel drops Kirk, then tumbles lifelessly off the bridge)
Read my social stuff!
The ramblings of an oldish geezer on Facebook.
@SnorbESnorb on Twitter. The "E" stands for "Everything."

Play my games!
The ArrrPG - A game I made about being a pirate. This be a first draft, matey! Though it plays just fine, clap yer eyes on th' eventual Revised an' Expanded Edition and you'll be pleased, by thunder!

Nakama: A Card Game of Magical Girls - A completely un-playtested card game about being a magical girl.

Well, excuse me while I defy all laws of logic and common sense and do it anyway.
Snorb

Achievements: 124

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Wed Aug 13, '14, 5:18 am

Actress Arlene Martel has died at age 78. Star Trek fans will know her best from the role she played on that classic TV series as Spock's bride.

http://www.treknews.net/2014/08/12/arle ... dead-dies/

Silver_Surfer1

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Mon Sep 29, '14, 3:04 am

Read online that William Shatner (Captain Kirk in the original "Star Trek") says that he has been contacted about possibly being in the next new "Star Trek" movie and that he would like to do it. This is terrific.

Silver_Surfer1

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Sat Oct 4, '14, 8:49 am

Thought this was a pretty interesting and fun story concerning Microsoft and the Klingon language at the annual Star Trek conference, lol

http://www.theverge.com/2014/10/3/69003 ... ak-klingon

Silver_Surfer1

PreviousNext

Return to Screen Scene